Chapter 1

Hanji and Erwin were looking around the market place. They needed a cabin boy/girl for the ship, or the captain would have their heads. Even if he didn't even know they were looking for a new crew member.

"Let's choose a cutie!" The woman with her brown hair in a messy pony tail and a forest green bandana around her head chirped, frameless oval glasses sitting on her nose. The man next to her sighed.

"Whatever you say Hanji." His blond hair was combed perfectly, tight shirt hugging his muscle and revealing his strong arms, a matching bandana around his upper right arm. "Let's find them quickly, before the crew finishes loading new supplies." The woman beside him laughed.

"Right." They walked around, looking around to find the perfect new crew member. That's when Hanji caught sight of something in one of the alleys. She turned to see a boy being held against a wall by a man with a knife to his throat.

"I said give me your money, you little shit." The man had growled out. The boy smirked.

"I don't have any asshole." And he spit in the man's face. The man growled and that's when Hanji stepped in.

"Excuse me gentlemen. Is there a problem?" The two turned to her. The older man ran off and Hanji walked over to the boy. "Are you alright?" She asked, smiling.

"I'm fine. I could've taken him." The boy said, looking away. Hanji laughed.

"I hurt your pride, how cute. What's your name kid?" Erwin joined them in the alley. The boy looked between the two.

"Eren." He said. Hanji nodded.

"Alright Eren. I have a question for you. Would you like to go out on the sea?" The boy just looked at her, one eye closed, but the one that was open sparkled with interest.

"What?" Hanji stood straight.

"Would you like to go out on the sea? Erwin and I are looking for a new crew member for our ship, and you look like someone that could help us in our travels!" She smiled wide. Eren backed off a little.

"Why would you offer me that?" Hanji shrugged.

"You caught my interest. Not everyone is willing to spit in a man's face with a knife to their throat. You got spunk. I like that." Eren shrugged.

"I don't know. I'm only seventeen." Hanji sighed.

"Damn. Can't take you from your parents." Eren looked down.

"I don't have any parents." Hanji looked to him.

"Forgive my companion. Hanji didn't mean any harm, I assure you. But if you have no parents, what keeps you here?" Eren shrugged.

"Nothing. But I'm not old enough to work on a ship." Hanji and Erwin stared at him for a minute before the woman began to laugh, loudly.

"Oh kid, what kind of ship do you think we work on?" Eren looked between the two.

"I-I don't know... you sort of look like pirates." Hanji smirked as her glasses glinted in the small amount of sunlight that managed to come into the alley.

"Good guess kid. Now, there's no age to join a pirate crew. You just have to be willing to go out to sea." She said, holding out her hand. "Want to join?" Eren looked between her and Erwin. He looked to be contemplating the proposal.

"What's in it for me?" Hanji's smirk turned into a smile.

"A home, a family, adventure, a life out on the sea." She saw the sparkle in his eye again. The kid seemed to like the sea. He crossed his arms, closing his eye. He hummed as he thought, then smiled, opening both eyes.

"Sure!" Hanji and Erwin froze. The kid had one green eye, and one gold eye.