Chapter 9.

"Have you talked to that special brunette lately?" I said as I stirred milk into my coffee, trying to make conversation with Calum in the kitchen.

"Her name's Emily, and uh no actually." He walked over to the fridge.

"I'm sorry." I said, not sure what I'm apologizing for. It just kind of slipped out when I saw his disappointed face.

"Nah, it's fine. I'm fine, she's fine, her boyfriend's fine." He hung his head low.

"Aw Calum. I'm sorry." I put down my coffee and brought him into a hug. He didn't hug me back. "Hug me dude." I whispered. He sighed and threw his arms around me.

"It just hurts, you know?" He said as we separated the hug. "I thought we had something, but I talked to her again at a party and she told me about how her boyfriend cheated on her so she just got revenge with me." He looked down at the floor, again. "She acted so genuine when I talked to her, like everything I said was the most interesting thing in the world." He brought his hand to his hair and slowly ran his fingers back and forth through it.

"Calum, I'm so sorry." I didn't know what else to say, and in my mind it helped the situation.

"It's fine." We stood silent for a while, not sure of what else to say.

"How are you and Michael?" He looked into my eyes.

"We're really good." I felt guilty talking about how happy I was in a relationship, so I kept it inside.

"That's good. So, I was wondering if you were doing anything tonight." He took a step closer to me and leaned on his hand on the counter.

"I don't think I'm doing anything. I was gonna talk to Mi-" I stopped. I didn't want to disappoint him more than he is by ruining anything he wants to do with me. I want to talk to him more, anyway.

"Well, my friend invited me to this party tonight, and I was gonna ask if you wanted to go, but if you're doing something with Michael." He trailed off.

"I'm not. I'll go with you tonight. My first party!" I laughed and excitedly jumped.

"God, you're so lame." He laughed breathily.

"If I was that lame I wouldn't be going to a party tonight." I winked. "But you have to promise not to leave me alone. Big parties look scary." All of the parties I'd seen on tv are dark, hot, and loud. With a lot of grinding and sex.

"You'll be fine. I'll stay with you, okay?"

"Fine. You can't leave early with a girl either." I crossed my arms.

"Well you're no fun." He whined. I angled my head a little and intensified my stare. "I'm just kidding. If I bring a girl to a party, girls won't come home with me anyway. Bringing a girl is a total cockblock." He said like it was common knowledge that I should have known already. "You have to promise me something, though." He mischievously grinned.

"And what is that?"

"You'll get drunk." He bit his lip, trying not to smile.

"Calum." I whined.

"Oh come on, you can't go to a college party and not drink. You just can't." He paused. "Plus, I want to see you wasted. I bet you're more fun drunk."

I sighed and picked up my now lukewarm coffee and took a sip.

"Fine." I sighed again.

I stood in my bedroom, trying to find a good outfit for the party. I'm not really sure what you're supposed to wear to these things. I know Calum will wear black skinny jeans and a t shirt. I picked out a pair of dark-washed high waisted shorts and a white crop top. I walked to the bathroom.

"Woah, Amber." Calum commented as he stood in the bathroom, making his hair into a quiff.

"What?" I asked as I plugged in the flatiron.

"I mean that outfit looks good, but I wouldn't wear white." He sprayed hairspray on his perfectly turned hair.

"Well what color?" I pulled the straightener down my hair, leaving it smooth and stick-straight.

"Probably a darker color. In case drinks get spilled on you." He checked me out through the mirror, then walked out. I quickly finished my hair and ran into my room. I don't have much dark clothes.

"Hey Calum, could you come in here?" I yelled. He slightly creaked open the door.

"What do you need?" He popped his head in.

"What should I wear?" I pointed to my open closet door. He walked into the open room.

"I think you should wear this." He pulled out a black bandeau.

"Calum, be serious." I said with a straight face.

"Fine. Wear this." He pulled out a flowy black tank top with a pocket laced with sparkles.

"No, I don't like that." I crossed my arms.

"Then why do you have it?" He looked completely confused with my logic.

"Just, pick something." I shook my head.

"I don't know what you want. I just pick a shirt and wear it. You take more than that apparently." He sighed. "Wait would you wear one of my shirts?" He smirked.

"Which one?"

"Uh, the black Santa Cruz one?"

"Sure go get it." He ran out like an excited little puppy, came back, threw it at me, and ran out.

"Hurry up and change." He yelled as he shut the door. I quickly took off my shirt and put his on. It smelled like him, his cologne, and a bit of alcohol. The perfect scent representation of Calum. I tucked it in and walked out. His eyes looked me up and down.

"Well don't check me out you creep." I giggled.

"I like it. You look great. Are you ready to go?"

"Where is this party?" I forgot to ask where this was before I agreed to all this.

"It's just a frat party. Luke and Ashton will be there. Let's go!" He jumped a little.

"Okay, come on." I grabbed my keys and threw them to Calum.

sorry this took so long o