A Peek In The Past

Jake’s POV

When I arrived at the supermarket, I placed the clump of hair that had Nat’s blood on it, and scattered it on the floor, than I hid her shoe under a shelf. I heard a shuffle behind me and I made out that I was studying the contents of the bottom shelf, to my dismay and total embarrassment; it was a women toiletries shelf. I gave out a low growl and looked up to face my shameful doom. The universe loved me, it was only Sheila, that girl totally digs me.

“Hey, gorgeous,” I said in a low seductive voice, hoping like hell she didn’t realise what I was doing. Not the framing, the section I was in. at this point, all I wanted was to walk out of the market with even a shred of dignity.

“Hey,” she said in a shaky voice. Her heart was banging so loud against her chest, I was scared she might faint… or was I? I walked up to her, and her knees started to weaken. I placed my hands on her waist and she leaned into me a little.

“Let’s get out of here,” I said to her quickly moving away from the isle. I walked to the front of the shop, and tried to look shy. I looked down at me feet and rubbed the back of my neck.

“Hey… um, I was thinking… maybe… we can, like go out sometime? I wanted to ask you yesterday, but… you know, with Nat… and… stuff…” I trailed away, not knowing what else to, when I looked up, I had to dig my feet deep into the ground not to run away screaming. She was glowing, yes glowing bright pink. Her stance was casual, as to not sound too desperate, but when she answered her voice quavered a bit. I pretended not to notice.

“I don’t know, you know cause of the shop and stuff, but I’ll think about it”, she pretended. I grinned like a kid that just got a motorbike for Christmas (although I doubt a kid would have a motorbike for Christmas).

He is so cute when he smiles like that, OMG he is SMOKIN’.

I rolled my eyes at her, and just walked away, leaving her gawking at me… I can’t blame her, I did just ask her out, and I didn’t even give her a date, but I needed to get away from the crime scene and most of all, I need to get to Nat. if she sees Bruce, she might really hurt him, hell I won’t be surprised if she killed him.

As I walked in, everyone was giving me weird looks, or just avoiding looking me in the eye. I heard a man unconscious think, aint’ that the guy that was meant to kill that girl before she hurts someone. Oh god. This cannot be good.

I ran the rest of the way to her cell and when I got there, there were paramedic all over the place. I had to fight my way in to get anywhere near Nat, she was sitting in that yoga instructor sit munching on squids exactly like I left her. What was the problem than? I mean, there was blood on the floor, but I didn’t see any blood on anyone?

That’s when I saw him, it was Bruce, he had scratches all over his face, and his eye’s look clawed out. I just started at Nat, who was casually munching on jelly squids, like there isn’t a possibly- dead-guy guy getting drove off to hospital and 30 people cleaning the blood and carrying his out cold body, right in her room.

That was a perfect example of her instincts telling her how to survive, and for her to survive, she needs to get rid of anything harmful in her way. In this case, it was Bruce; she didn’t want him near her, because… he almost killed her, to put it bluntly.

“Oh, hey Jake, you came back”, her grin was genuine, and it made her whole face lit up, she was beaming, and had a little red piece of jelly in her teeth. It made me laugh so much I thought she was going to slap me for laughing at her; instead she started laughing with me. This freaked me out, why was she laughing, when she was meant to be mad?