See that boy... No?

Jake’s POV:

“Yeah right, that’s a good one Nat, seriously, a really good one. Next thing you know, Timmy’s dead, right?”

Sheila wasn’t even fat, or old. And she didn’t have a heart disease. So how could she get a heart attack?

She was sobbing uncontrollably, and Adler was wincing, and cursing. “Joke’s over” I said a little frantically, “why you still cryin’?”

By the time I finished the sentence, Adler was up, and running towards Sheila’s class room, before he got there, he took a sharp left and I heard a shout of agony. I was going to go and investigate when Nat started screaming.

“HELP, IT HURTS! PLEASE, STOP!” she said in between sobs. My palms went clammy, and I started towards her. Her face as turning purple and she started screaming.

A punch was thrown and a crack, and groan ripped through the air as Adler punched someone. He reappeared gripping someone by the collar and punching him in the face.

“Let go of her!” he screamed. “What are you doing?!”

Nat fell on the floor, gasping for breath. It took her a few minutes for her face to go back to its normal colour and her eye’s closed, then snapped open again almost instantly.

Anger flashed through her eyes, and I know last time she was this angry, she killed a man. “I just purified her!” Adler screamed. “Now I have to do it all over again.”

Before any one could say Jack, she stood up, and was in between Adler and the other boy. She put her tiny hands up to throw up punch, but I knew better than to think it wouldn’t hurt. Apparently, so did that guy, because he disappeared in a flash.

Nat’s hands met thin air, but she was so angry she had to hit something. She ended up punching the wall, leaving a tiny whole the size of her fist. Adler grabbed her again the same way as when I first saw them together, and Nat suddenly struggled against him a little.

After a while she started to visibly relax and her face was a picture of calm and serenity. I got to them and they were discussing something quietly. Adler was telling Nat something, but Nat refused to agree.

When I was behind them, Adler gave an exasperate sigh and stood up abruptly. “Did you see his face?” I asked.

“No, it was covered. I asked Nat to follow his energy, or at least take a note of it, so that if we run into him we can find out who he is, but she won’t do it.”

“Nat, do it”

“No!”

“Do it”

“No”

“DO IT!”

“No, no, NO!”

“Why?” I asked weakly.

“Because… I don’t know how to” she whispered, scratching her nose.

I roughly raked my hand through my hair, making it stand on end.

About five seconds later of silence, a siren ripped through the air and blue and red lights flashed in the hallway through the window that showed the main gates.

Paramedics went out of the ambulance and ran quickly into the building. The head teacher was barking orders to the nosey pupils that were standing round and they made a face at her, but walked off all the same.

Five minutes later, the paramedics came out, holding a limp body in a stretcher and ran towards the ambulance.

Sheila.