When Time Freezes Over

Nat’s POV:

So what I thought I saw my bear on Jake’s head? It doesn’t mean it was actually that. I mean even while I thought it, I realised how ridiculous the thought was.

What could it have been? It’s not like it was some kind of… disguised shape-shifter. That’s impossible, what would a shape shifter be doing with me?

It wasn’t as if I was the most powerful breathing thing the world has ever faced.

Please, note the sarcasm

And why would Sheila give me a shape shifter? She knew it was a bear… what if she did it on purpose? What if she thought Jake wasn’t strong enough to kill me so she sent him to?

A teddy/gummy bear serial killer… sweet! That would be so awesome you know, like he won’t ever get caught, not even suspected.

But then comes the actually question. If he was after me, then why was he on Jake’s head? And why was he not afraid that I saw him?

I figured out just the thing to show people that what I do is never random; I’ll make Sheila a necklace. It won’t be random, because she bought me something, so I’m giving her that…

“Hey Sheila” I called when I saw her walking into the hallway.

“Hey Nat, what’s up?”

“Nu’in, just wanted to give you su’in” I held the necklace I made to her face; she stared at it, and looked back at me.

“It’s a mess of charms and beads on a chain”

“No it’s not. If you look close enough, you’ll see it’s not random, it has a pattern” I said pointing at each bead, then charm, then bead, then charm.

“And if you look really hard, you’ll see a beautiful gem, right in the middle” I gazed at the gem in the centre of the necklace, “my diamond in the rough”

She looked at me, “why are you showing me this”

I hesitated, and realised that I shouldn’t mention the bear, I don’t know why. Something told me not to.

“Something that represents me, see I look random, but everything I do happens for a reason. And I always see the good in a rough situation… thus the diamond”

Obviously it wasn’t true, but how could I tell her that? I couldn’t tell her it was because one day, you’ll find me trapped right in the middle of a bunch of warehouses or something.

She smiled at me “that’s so nice!”

“Take it, I made it for you. To remember me by, you know?”

“Thank you” she whispered, and took it. She was holding it like it might break any second and clasped it around her neck.

“I’ll never take it off, I promise. It’s so beautiful”

“Don’t mention it”

“I’ll go show it to Jake; I’ll go show it to everybody!” she started towards the hallway and disappeared into one of the rooms.

I actually hope she shows as much people as she could, because if she wasn’t smart enough to figure it out then someone can help her.

The girl that had stopped me the other day decided to show up at that moment. She looked at me with fearful eyes and was about to run off.

I raised my hand to stop her, grab her or even shoot her, I don’t know but what happed was time froze.

The clock on the wall stopped ticking, the girl that was running stopped breathing, and the hum that was in the back ground stopped.