My Dignity For A Hug

Jake’s POV:

A scream ripped through the air, and I recognised Sheila’s voice calling for help. I knew for a fact that Nat was near her, but was it possible for Nat to have hit her?

I ran towards the scream and ended up arriving at the hallway towards Sheila’s room. There were footsteps covered in blood and a picture of Nat clawing at Sheila came to mind.

I shook my head. Nat wasn’t evil, she was only four.

I followed the blood and realised there was a huge pool of it, it was rapidly growing. Whoever this was coming from was losing blood fast.

Sheila

I ran towards Sheila’s room as fast as my legs could carry me, the bloody wasn’t coming from there though, I went into her room and started towards the back door where there was blood seeping from under the door.

That was a lot of blood. It was coming from all round the hallway. I ran straight out expecting Sheila’s limp body face down on the floor and a huge hole in her stomach when…

Squeak, thud

I fell flat on my face; my hand outstretched protecting my nose. I considered looking back to see what I tripped on but changed my mind. I need to see Sheila, she can’t die.

And Nat can’t kill her.

My breathing was ragged and my back was clammy, my hair was sticking to my forehead and I was sweating with anxiety. I saw a limp body lying on the floor, her head was gushing out blood by the gallon, the blood would be renewed, but the gash opens up again.

No wonder there was that much blood. She kept healing herself, and the wound opens back up. Her back was rising, showing that she was still breathing, since she was face down on the floor.

I rolled her over so that she didn’t drown in her own blood, she was murmuring incoherent words, but one word caught my attention, and made me listen harder.

“Sheila in trouble… can’t hear anything… head hurts… can’t heal… Sheila, don’t cry… I’ll help you”

She was faintly whispering, and stretching her hand out as if to help Sheila. She finally gave up, and whispered something quietly. Her eyes, which were glazed over slowly closed, and the light in her face died out.

Wind wrapped around her, sheltering her from harm’s way. It took the form of a beautiful man. He kneeled before Nat and sobbed quietly, before wiping his tears.

He straightened his back and stood up, running into Sheila’s room, I wanted to run after him, but I didn’t want to leave Nat alone. She wasn’t going to die, but there was still a lot of blood gushing out of her head.

People started coming out of their rooms, and soon there was a whole hallway full of shrieking ladies, and a janitor who was gawking at them in their nighties. Stupid pervert

The thing I hate the most though, is that everyone was crowding round Nat. but that wasn’t the problem, it was the fact that Emily was coming right this way, and I was holding Nat.

I looked frantically around, and put her in the arms of the closest women to me, mumbling an excuse about getting the ambulance. I’m not cold hearted; I just don’t wanna die this young.

I ran in, following Mr Wind guy and skidded to a halt when I saw Sheila’s blue body lying on the sofa.

She had a necklace wrapped neatly around her neck and it was hanging off her chest. Her eyes were wide open and looked as if it was taken out and replace by white orbs.