Chapter Five-Doggo Park

Kelsey's P.O.V.

"Gerard do you want eggs and bacon or pancakes?"

Gerard looks up at me with lit up eyes.

"Pancakes please!"

I laugh and start pulling everything out for the pancakes. As I'm making them, I think back to how wonderful last night was. Gerard was so careful with me, making sure I was comfortable and not hurting. I feel like I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him, that nothing can stop us. We have only been together a month, but it feels like a lifetime.

Also, last night I had a terrible dream. I only remember a few parts, and they were of Gerard, covered in blood, and a dead man with glasses was near him. It was terrible, but I knew he could never do that.

I finish making the pancakes and set them on two plates. I bring them over to the kitchen table where Gerard is sitting, and place a plate in front of him. Then I sit down and place the other plate in front of me. We both start to dig in the delicious pancakes.

"So Kelsey, how was your night?"

Gerard smirks at me, making me blush.

"Well I you must know, I slept amazing, besides the part when I had a nightmare."

His face grows a look of concern.

"What was it of?"

"It was you, covered in blood. There was also a dead man with glasses near you. But I'm okay, I know you could never do that."

Gerard nods his head slowly.

"Yeah, I could never do that."

********************

The past few days, Gerard has been acting very strange. Ever since I told him about my dream, he's been kind of distant. It worries me, but there is nothing I can do about it. I've tried to ask, but he always just says it's nothing.

The front bell rings and I look up from my spot at the counter. Frank waves at me and I wave back.

"Hey Frank, your usual?"

"Yes please, and is Sarah around?"

"Nah, she went home like an hour ago."

"Oh well, do you want to hang out then? I have nothing else to do."

"Yeah sure, my shift ends when Randy gets here. He'll be here in like fifteen minutes."

I hand Frank his coffee and he pays me. For the next fifteen minutes minutes, the tattooed man entertains me by making up stories about people that he sees. Soon enough Randy shows up and I'm off the hook. Frank and I leave Starbucks and start walking down the sidewalk.

"So where to Kelsey?"

"Do you want to go to the dog park? I would have to go home to get my dog though, cause you can't get in without one."

Frank's eyes light up and a huge grin appears on his face.

"YES OF COURSE! I LOVE DOGGOS!"

I laugh at his excitement.

"Okay then, I guess you like dogs, but then again who doesn't. Now let's go, my house is far from here."

"Do you want to just take my car?"

"You have a car?"

"Yeah, you don't?"

I shake my head.

"No need for one, at least before I didn't. Sarah has been my only friend for pretty much my entire life. You and Gerard are the only people that I talk to, besides Sarah."