Chapter Seven-Silly Me!

Kelsey's P.O.V.

"Hey Gee, can I ask you a question?"

"Hm?"

"Why have you been so busy lately?"

Gerard swallowed his french toast then thinks about what he's going to say.

"I don't really know how to say this. Actually it's more like I can't. Literally can't. My body won't let me form the words."

I look at him with a confused face. What does he mean that he can't tell me. Of course he can, he just doesn't want to.

"Gerard, don't lie to me. I know you can tell me, but just don't want to. It's fine if you don't tell me, but don't lie and say you can't."

"I'm not lying! I've been wanting to tell you for a while but som-a thing is stopping me. See, it wouldn't even allow me to say that word."

"What the hell are you talking about Gerard. There's no such thing as spells and things like that. Stop lying!"

Fed up with him, I leave the kitchen and head upstairs to my bedroom. I sigh and flop down on my bed. My wonderful ball of fluff sees my distress and nudges me while whining.

"You wanna go outside boy?"

Bear's tail starts wagging and he barks. I guess so.

"C'mon, let's go."

I grab a jacket and pull it on. Then I head back downstairs, grab Bear's leash, and clip it on him. I slip out the front door without saying anything to Gerard.

"Hey Bear, wanna see if that one part of the woods is okay to go in? It's been a long time since we've been in there."

Bear just looks up at me. Looks like he doesn't care, that means we're going. Before I enter the woods, I turn around and look into my house. I see Gerard staring at me with his hand on the window. Good.

I take my fuzzy man into the wood where everything seems perfectly fine. No eerie feelings, no whispering voices, and certainly no lying Gerard.

What did he even mean by he can't tell me! Of course he could! Gerard had no reason to not tell me. Unless he was cheating, but I don't think he would. He didn't seem like that kind of guy. Gerard has always been so nice, sweet, and....sexy. He only started acting strange when I told him about my dream.

My dream was no reason to make him act like this though, it was just a dream, right? Well of course it was, what else could it be. A vision? No, that's stupid.

"Ugh why is life so confusing!"

Bear looks up at me as I say this.

"Don't mind me boy. I'm just thinking, well complaining, out loud."

Bear continues to sniff around, then suddenly he barks at something. Then he starts pulling me until I see a dead deer on the ground.

"Ew Bear! That's gross! Why would you bring me to this?"

He looks up at me and starts whimpering.

"Oh I'm sorry boy. Don't get sad."

Bear barks then starts sniffing and licking the deceased animal's neck.

"Oh Bear, stop licking it. It died, probably from a pack of wolves for something."

I look at the deer again and realize that I don't see blood anywhere. There's not even anything indicating that it was attacked, other then it being dead.

"Okay Bear. I think we should get out of here."

Bear is still licking at the same spot. I look at the spot and see two puncture wounds.