Chapter Thirteen-I Promise

Kelsey's POV

A door. There was never one there before. But now there is? Why? How? Did Frank put it there? He must have. How did I not hear it being out in?

I think back to last night. Frank made us dinner, I think? He probably drugged me. I thought I wouldn't have to worry about him drugging me after what I uh, did with him over a week ago.

I remove myself from the bed and walk over to the new addition to the house. I'm about to open it, but then I freeze. I haven't seen sunlight in I don't even know how long. Can I do this?

Suddenly, I hear barking.

"Bear!"

Without hesitation, I swing the door open and run outside. The bright sun blinds me for a few seconds, but then I shake my head, getting my vision back. Before I can even look around, I'm knocked over. And then my face becomes wet...with slobber.

"Oh my good boy! I missed you so much!"

I ruffle his ears and pet his smooth head. He then proceeds to roll off of me, and onto his back.

"I'm guessing you want a tummy rub?"

Bear barks back in reply. I get off my back and onto my knees, where I start to scratch his underneath profusely. I do this until a shadow come over me.

"Hey Kelsey. I see that you found my surprise."

I give my sweet boy a kiss on the snout, then stand up to face Frank.

"Yes I did! And it's the best gift I've ever received!"

I give Frank a big hug, which he returns. I can't wait to be awarded my Oscar with my acting skills.

"And as you see, this place is now fenced in. So you can come outside with Bear whenever you want. It will be the three of us, like a little family. And who knows, maybe a fourth when the time comes."

Frank winks at me and it takes everything in me not to hurl. But then I noticed what he said. Fenced in. I look around and see an insanely tall, wooded fence, squared around the cabin on all sides except for one. The cabin is part of that said side. And the fence looks to be about twenty feet tall. There's no way I can climb over it. Dammit.

I feel an arm wrap around me and I let out an involuntary sigh. Frank then places himself in front of me and looks me in the eyes.

"What's the matter Kelsey? Is it something I did?"

I shake my head.

"I just kinda miss being out in the world. Interacting with multiple people. Being with my best friend Sarah."

At Sarah's name, he looks down guiltily. I think I even see some tears form.

"I'm sorry about Sarah. I didn't mean to hurt her. I just wanted to drain enough blood to make her unconscious. But then my instincts took over and I sucked her dry."

I fall to the ground, tears in my eyes. I always thought he said that she was dead that one time to scare me, to keep me in check. I didn't think he actually did it. Or I didn't want to believe that he did.

Bear comes over and lays down with his paws on my lap. He licks my face, sensing my sadness. Oh how I've missed my sweet baby boy. The most precious thing in my entire life.

Frank kneels down to me and puts his index finger under my chin, lifting it up.

"Don't be sad Kels. She's in a better place now. How about I go into town and get you some things to make you feel better. Would you like that?"