9

"Your past is always your past. Even if you forget it, it remembers you."

- Sarah Dessen-
~~~~~

Failed to barge back into her house, Soomin marched to the Min's house with boiling blood. She fixed her hoodie as a cold night wind brushed her bare face.

Ding-dong.

"Ah, Soomin! Thanks for coming. He is in his room. Come in!" Soomin's lips parted as she was once again dragged away against her own will. She frowned in disbelief as Mrs. Min was being so extra. She started to blab and gave Soomin no time to even greet her.

"Here we are." Mrs. Min gave her another awkward smile as they reached Yoongi's room.

"So... should I really babysit him... in his room?" Soomin raised one of her eyebrows while looking back and forth between Mrs. Min and Yoongi's door.

"Yes!" Soomin was startled by Mrs. Min's sudden answer.

"U-uh, I mean... His room is warmer for you to stay. There is also a TV so you won't be bored while waiting for him to wake up. I've prepared some snacks too... So... Yeah... You can help me watch him inside his room comfortably."

Something is fishy, she thought. Soomin hesitantly turned the doorknob and peeked into Yoongi's room.

"Uhm, Mrs. Min... I see no one in the-- Woaah!" Soomin stumbled into the room as her body received a sudden push from behind.

Click.

A low yet clear sound of a door locking made her eyes pop up as if they were trying to leave their sockets.

"You must be kidding me, Mrs. Min! What are you doing?! Open the door, please!" Soomin shouted in a whisper as she tried to open the locked door.

Yet, instead of unlocking the door, Soomin could hear Mrs. Min's footsteps moving away from the room. She banged on the door loudly until she heard another click sound from the other side of the room.

"Mom, why are you so loud?!" a pale boy with a bare chest, his waist carelessly wrapped in only a thin towel, and his face half-drenched because of droplets rolling down from his wet hair stepped out.

Soomin's gaze was locked on the rare view presented in front of her. She unconsciously scanned him from head to toe and ended at his wide-opened eyes.

"Aargh!"

She covered her eyes as Yoongi ran back to the bathroom located inside his bedroom.

"What are you doing here?!" he shouted as he tried to search for any available material in that room to cover his precious half-naked body. But there was nothing except the already used thin towel.

"Ask your mom!" she barked.

"My mom?" he furrowed his eyebrows as he stomped back to his room. He shoved the eyes-covered Soomin from the doorstep and tried to open it. As expected, he failed. They stood there for a while, thinking about what was really happening, and then there was a faint chat heard from the outside which made both of them run to the window. They saw Mrs. Min talking to the Kim couple on the pavement.

"Mom!" both Soomin and Yoongi shouted in unison, which resulted in nothing but an apology from the moms.

"Sorry, sweetie, we think this is the right time for both of you to talk after all these years! Please don't hate us! We love you!" Mrs. Kim shouted loud enough to be heard by the kids who were on the second story of the house. The parents then walked to the Kim's house with a cheerful laugh following their steps.