38

"I can be mean as fuck, sweet as candy, cold as water, evil as hell or loyal like a soldier.
It all depends on you"

-Anonymous-
~~~~~

Yoongi was perplexed, and so was the rest of the world.

Kim Soomin, who had abruptly shown a glimpse of care for Yoongi at the coffee shop a few days ago, turned out to have a constant and absurd change in attitude. She lost her talkative side and her playful, cocky image whenever she accidentally bumped into him at Jimin's place. Around him, she was as cold as the breeze in the first winter season. She never once uttered a single word to him or looked directly into his eyes like she used to do. The only thing she did was show him a poker face.

He questioned the changes, but somehow, it was what he had predicted in the first place. So, this is the answer, he thought. At the end, it's back to square one, he thought.

But it wasn't.

Yoongi was beyond puzzled when he received a paper bag with a tumbler filled with his favorite morning coffee and a freshly made sandwich inside when he dropped by Jimin's place before going to work yesterday morning. He was clueless when the waiter handed him the paper bag at the counter while he was making his usual order. He thought it was Jimin's treat, yet a messy handwriting at the bottom of the paper bag revealed an untold fact.

May your coffee be as bitter as your life
and your Monday be as short as your legs.

Taken aback by the bold notes directed at him and by the fact that he knew exactly who the giver was, he stood for a while before carefully handing back the paper bag to the waiter.

"Tell the person that I don't eat anonymous food," he said.

He refused it.

But the reason behind the rejection was, What kind of game is that girl playing right now? Does she want me to die by giving me poisoned food? For God's sake!

That was yesterday.

This morning, it was different.

Yoongi almost had his soul jump out of his skinny figure as he spotted a familiar petite girl in her hoodie standing still right in front of the gate of his house when he was about to attend his tutoring schedule.

Paper bag.

She lifted the familiar paper bag right to his face, waiting for the other's hand to grab and take it. Once again, he was bewildered by her. He was about to refuse it, yet the bluish pale color tinted the hand that held the paper bag made him stop.

How long has she been here?

"Hot caramel macchiato and cheesy roast beef sandwich, hazard-free," she said.

Yoongi blinked in disbelief. And...he took it.

"Have a nice day," she said, bowing before running back to her house, leaving him with tons of questions in his head.

Did she hit her head somewhere? He frowned.

He did not say thank you.
He did not even spare a little smile.
But she was smiling.

She was happy as she saw him grab her paper bag tightly while running to catch his bus.

She had accepted the fact that he meant the world to her.
Minyoung and Jiwoo said "told him" but she chose not to. She was scared.

Scared that karma was indeed coming to her this time. Scared if she was too late.

***