Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Teru... Would you tell me who you are?"

Teru was silent, unmoving, just a stone again. Her lips were parted, and her eyes dulled, yet her thoughts raced by in a shade of white and red against her eyelids. What would she say? What should she say? What could she say to make this all better?

What could she say to not hurt anyone else?

Though her pause was only a second, it lasted an eternity, and was plenty long enough for her to decide her next move.

She pulled away from him, slowly unlooping herself from his arms, untangling their legs, and moved to curl up at the other side of the bed. Her eyes were cast down to her knees, which were curled up near her chin, and her arms looped around them and trembling with the small force it took to stay that way. He froze as though she was still in his arms, assuming she wouldn't tell, but became more tense when she slowly began her story.

"I... met you before. I was little. Tiny, even. Long ginger hair. Remember?" Her voice rasped, but she was slowly regaining it as she grew calmer, despite being scared of what he would think, if he did remember. "I was with my brothers then. I don't think our little sister was with us, though. I was wearing a sweet little white dress. The one I hated, the one with the sand-coloured ribbon straps and belt, with the chiffon overlay. I had big glasses with circle lenses, hipster ones in a light brown." She paused, taking a deep breath before meeting his eyes from under her ginger eyelashes. "My name... is Hitachiin... Yoshiteru, and I'm the younger triplet... of Kaoru and Hikaru." There were tears in her hazel and red eyes.

"I am Hitachiin Yoshiteru, famous hacker for the Japanese government, female, the sister of the two people who should have never have forgot and Ageha, the daughter of a mother who forgot her within months and a terrorist I still can't prove, and the person who can't even... who c-can't even k-k-keep the o-only per-pers-son I love... a-at m-m-mmy side!" She began to bawl heavily, broken screams escaping at times. Kyoya, although tense, reached out to calm her, careful not to touch the red scars on her arms as he pulled her closer. Softly, he whispered in her ear the questions he needed answered, but in a tone sweet enough to quiet her.

"Was it... Did Akira leave?" She nodded barely. "To America?" Again. "Your father... Hitachiin-san is a terrorist?" Yes. "Do... You need help... with your brothers?" 

"How... could you ever... help... with their lack of... of love?"

"In all honesty," he started, nuzzling into her soft hair, which he'd never gotten the chance to feel, "I have no clue. But I'll find a way."

There was a ringing silence before she spoke. "...I'm trusting you," she whispered out with everything that had ever hurt her in its undertone.