Chapter 11

Alice stares at who used to be classified as her mother.

"Your down stairs?" Alice asks.

"Of course I'm down stairs. My hangover is over! How long has it been since I've been off the booze? It feels like it wasn't that long ago," Alice's mom blabs.

"Um, it's been a while," Alice says quietly, "what's your reason to take a break?"

"I ran out of beer, imagine that. I wasn't well enough to go get some so I decided to wait," Alice's mom blabs.

"Hi Miranda," Eric says with a shy wave.

"Don't you be shy with me Sonny. I saw you laying on my daughter," Miranda points out.

Alice and Eric blush.

She clearly still isn't herself. Alice thought to herself.

"I'm sorry bout that mam, we are just friends," Eric apologies.

"Bullshit. You two are meant for each other,"

Miranda leans over to Eric and whispers,"I took a picture on my phone of you two earlier. I can send it to you if you like."

Eric very quietly whispers, "send them to me."

Alice gasps and snacks Eric.

"Will do!" Miranda laughs.

Miranda walt's into the kitchen. The two friends follow. Alice stared at her mother. She acted like nothing was wrong. That Winter wasn't dead. That Alice's father was still alive.

"Do you want me to make you some grilled cheese? It's always been your favorite," Miranda asks.

Alice's eyes narrow.

"That was Winters favorite. Not mine."

Alices mom stiffens and eyes widen. Miranda was clearly shocked that Alice lashed out. But this shock wasn't long lasting. Miranda quickly smiles and laughs.

"I guess my memory isn't how it used to be."

Eric noticed Alice getting angry. Eric swooped to her rescue.

"Miranda, it's great that your awake. It's even greater that your offering to cook but I kinda promised Alice to take her out to dinner," Eric tells her.

Alice looks at Eric in surprise.

"You did?" Alice asks.

"I did," Eric responds and elbows her in the gut.

"Oh right! He did. I'm so sorry mom. I would really like to spend time with you and talk but he did promise." Alice says with a shrug.

"Of course. I guess I should have assumed you two would have a date today," Miranda laughs.

Alices mouth falls open. Eric is lost for words.

"Don't worry about it kidos. Just be careful. And Alice, don't get pregnant," Miranda says casually.

Alice face turned bright red. Alice covers her face with her hands. Eric nearly falls over. Sky is laughing in the living room.

"Fuck you Sky," Eric yells out.

With that Eric and Alice leave. They go to Eric's house. When they get there they never go inside. They just sit on the front steps. Alice only looked at the ground. Not allowing their eyes to meet. Still super embarrassed.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry she was there," Alice says.

She tried to say it louder but it came out barley a whisper.