Chapter 14

Shayla finds Eric in the library. He's sitting in a corner. He's now reading a book.

"You can't run away from what scares you," Shayla tells him.

Eric gives her a iratated look.

"What makes you think I'm afraid of Xander?" Eric asks.

Shayla groans, "that's not what I mean. I mean you can't run away from your feelings. You know you like her Eric. So why aren't you doing anything to be with her?"

Eric looks down.

"I'm not afraid of my feelings. I'm fully aware of what they are," Eric sighs.

"But you won't do anything about them!" Shayla complains.

She then pokes Eric in the sholder.

"Don't you wanna be with her?"

Eric shifts uncomfortably but then says, "there is no point. She likes Xander. I just need to learn to except it..."

"You can change her mind..." Shayla suggests.

Eric looks at Shayla. His face raw with emotion.

"Can I?"

******************

Alice groans and sits up. How long was she out for? Alice looks around. The walls were painted a lightish blue. She was laying on a blue cot. The room smelled of disinfectant​ and rubber gloves. The nurse's office...

Did Shayla seriously take me to the nurse? Alice asks herself.

The nurse walks up to Alice with a big cheesey smile.

"Your friend brought you here. You fell asleep at lunch and he decided to let you sleep," the nurse chirps.

He? Did Eric carry me here? Alice wonders.

"You know Alice that it's not healthy to not get any sleep. If your having any troubles falling asleep at night please tell me," the nurse tells her.

"Oh no, it wasn't anything super bad. I just woke up early today to do homework," Alice says shakily.

The nurse looks at her in disbelief.

"Sure, well even if that is what happened you should know your body is sensitive to messing up your sleeping schedule," the nurse scolds.

I think I should be more concerned with you interfering with my personal life Alice grumbles to herself.

"Well um, I can go to class now if that's okay..." Alice informs.

The nurse laughs, "of course. You're free to go. I'll get you a pass."

The nurse writes Alice a pass and waves her out of the nurse office.

"Make sure you thank your friend. He seems to care for you a lot," the nurse calls out to her.

Alice just waves goodbye to her and continues to head to her locker.

Alice gets out her phone.

Group chat- Eric, Shayla, you

Alice- the nurse really?

Shayla- sorry... Is it bad?

Alice- bad? The woman thought I was sleep deprived or something like that.

Shayla- Well it isn't all bad. You got to cuddle with Xander

Alice- WHAT