Chapter 1

"Alice get up!! We have school!" Sky shouts.

Alice rolls out of bed and on to the floor.

"Fucking hell." Alice curses.

Alice gets up and gets ready. As she made her way down the hall she checks on her mother. Her mother's golden hair was a snarly mess. Her green eyes were puffy from crying. She has scars on her wrists from her mother cutting herself. Sadly, Alice has done the same to herself. Alice knew her mother's breath smelled of alcohol from drinking. Alice heads to the kitchen where her brother was waiting.

"Do I have to go to school Sky?" Alice whines.

"Yes. I thought you loved school." Sky answers.

"I like learning. I don't like people." Alice mutters.

"I know you don't like people Alice but you got to go and learn."

"Yeah, whatever."

Sky goes to his car and Alice sits in the back. Her brother always picks up his friend Nash. When Nash enters the car life always gets more interesting.

"Sky you should have been at the party yesterday it was fucking awesome," Nash exclaims.

"You know I can't. I'm the man of the house and I need to do stuff." Sky answers.

"Man, you need to get a break sometime. Get a drink with me or something." Nash says with a sigh.

Sky pulls over the car and looks at Nash in the eyes.

"I will never fucking touch a fucking alcohol drink ever in my life." Sky roars.

Sky goes back to the road and continues to drive to school.

"Sorry man. I forgot about your mom." Nash apologizes.

Sky just huffs in response.

Nash turns to Alice.

"You look nice Alice." He said.

"I don't fucking like lies Nash," Alice growls.

"I wasn't. You look nice today." Nash argues.

"Whatever Nash. I know I look like shit. I'm nothing to your kind." Alice hisses.

"My kind?" Nash asks.

"Dude. You made a mistake mentioning my mom. Now Alice is clearly pissed." Sky says flatly.

"But my kind? What the fuck does that mean?" Nash asks.

Sky doesn't answer. Truthfully he did know. Alice calls all popular people that. It kinda hurt Sky that she called his best friend that. Then again, Nash did bring up their mom.

Finally, they got to school. Sky and Nash went to their friend group that hanged out in front of the school. Alice trails behind them. While her brother talked to his friends Alice sat down on the ground and got out a book to read. She was reading a Shakespeare book. It had most of his story's. Alice loved Shakespeare.

"Hi, Alice." Nash's girlfriend, Scarlett, says politely.

"Hi," Alice replies not taking her eyes of the book.

"So I was thinking, the cheer squad and I are gonna go to the mall this Friday. You want to go?" Scarlett asks.

Alice looks up from her book.

"No thank you, Scarlett. I prefer to stay home." Alice replies.

Scarlett nods and went to Nash's side.

Shopping with the cheer squad? Shopping my butt. I'll never hang out with those Barbie's. Poor Scarlett, she has been played. Alice scowls in her head.