Chapter 17

Shayla wakes up to a missing Alice. She quickly finds the note from Alice and groans. Scarlett is also awake and reads the note.

"So she picked Eric," Scarlett comments.

Shayla just scowels. Her friend just left her!! She picks up the phone to call Alice.

I will give her hell about this. Shayla thinks and dails Alice's number.

**************

Alice wakes up to the sound of her phone ringing. Alice groans and notices the bed empty. Did Eric leave her alone last night? Or did he leave this morning? She wonders.

She picks up her phone and answers the call. Shayla basically shouts into the phone. Her mouth moving thousands of words per minute.

"WHY DID YOU LEAVE! DIDN'T YOU SAY YOU DIDN'T WANT TO CHOOSE? WELL HOW'S ERIC OVER THERE!!!"

"Look Shayla I'm sorry..."

"SORRY?!?! SORRY?!?! GIRL WE HAD A HEART FELT MOMENT LAST NIGHT!! AND YOU LEFT!!"

"Shayla I'm really sorry. It just I had a bad dream and..."

"A BAD DREAM? WHAT ARE YOU? FIVE?!?!?"

"Shayla... It was about Winter."

"AND YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME!! AND.... Wait what?"

"It was about Winter..."

"OMG DID MY PICK A BOY SPEECH UPSET YOU!! DID IT BRING BACK MEMORIES WITH HER?!? I AM SO SORRY. I WILL BE AT ERICS AS QUICKLY AS I CAN!"

"Um Shayla..."

"What??"

"What about Phoebe, Scarlett and Dakota?"

"Phoebe and Scarlett went home. I'm car pooling with Dakota to you. So hold tight."

"Okay."

Alice sighs. She felt like she was a pathetic child. How could they deal with her?

They can't. Your ruining their lives.

Alice shudders. Alice quietly and shyly goes down stairs. As soon as she gets down the stairs shes embraced in a hug.

"Aww you poor dear," says a voice.

Alice smiles at the voice.

"Thanks Ann but I'm okay now," Alice tells her.

Ann pulls away with a frown.

"Okay my butt. I know your not okay. I can tell. You are the strongest young lady I know but your can't hide anything from me."

Alice just laughs, "Ann I am okay but if it makes you feel better your son makes my life better. So does my friends. "

Ann smiles.

"I'm glad my boy can help. Your strong Alice. Keep smiling."

"Thanks Ann."

"Mom you can stop harassing her."

Alice looks around and sees Eric, now in a shirt, standing in the kitchen with a mug.

Alice runs to him and gives him a hug.

"Thank you," Alice murmmers to him.

Ann laughs and follows Alice into the kitchen. She then gets herself a cup of coffee.

"It's okay Alice."

All of a sudden there is a knock on the door.

"I'll get it! It's probably Shayla!" Alice exclaims and detaches herself from Eric.