Making Puncakes And Plans

I awoke in a cold sweat from the same nightmare of what happened in the woods replayed in horrific detail, I got up and checked what was left behind from last night in the mirror, the mark was a deep red and took a fair amount of makeup to cover, I got dressed and put on a hoodie to help hide the area before going out into the lounge for breakfast, determined to make today a great day and forget all the bad crap.

As I walked out into the lounge I saw the other guys still asleep across the lounge, I moved over to the kitchen and opened the fridge to get out the milk and eggs, I then went through the cupboards to get the flour and sugar as I hummed the tune Bacon Pancakes from Adventure Time.

A few pancakes later everyone eventually woke up and smelled the amazing food, migrating towards the kitchen "Good morning guys, who want's puncakes?" I teased Tyler knowing it drove him nuts when I said that "I hate you" my half-asleep brother countered as he sat at the kitchen table with his friends who were quietly laughing at the reference and thanking me for cooking breakfast.

"Thanks babe" Delirious pecked me on the lips before sitting down, leaving me to stand there blushing like a madman which received a bunch of supressed laughs from the others, we ate our breakfast in near silence except for the clanking of cutlery on plates and the odd conversation "So, what do you guys want to do today?" I broke the awkward silence but no one seemed to know how to answer "Oh, Brock, Marcel and Luke said they would be flying in today so we should probably pick them up from the airport" Tyler suggested "We're gonna need a bigger couch" I half joked "Yeah some of us are gonna have to get a hotel room for the next few days" Lui stated "Then that answers that question" David added.

We quickly finished our food and after much insisting Tyler cleaned up the dishes as the boys went to pack their stuff and decide who would be moving to a hotel while I turned on the TV to check what was happening with the rest of the world, I was watching the news when the seat next to me depressed and I didn't have to look at him to know who it was.

"Brian is sharing a room with Craig and David is getting one with Lui" Delirious informed me casually "You're not getting a room?" I already knew the answer "You don't mind me staying here do you?" he pulled me closer to himself, only receiving a hum in response "And now to the Halloween attack incident" my eyes went wide and the arm wrapped around my waist tightened its grip "Hey guys check this out!" I called to the rest of my friends for them to come and watch, much to the displeasure of the man who tightened his grip even more.

"Two nights ago a group of friends were playing in the woods of Indiana when apparently someone attacked two of them, a male and a female, with a heavy tree branch as they were separated from the rest of the group, thankfully one of their friends heard the noise and scared away the assailant, the male is currently recovering in hospital with severe head injuries, more on this story as information surfaces"