Hospital

We had been sitting in the waiting room for over an hour and still haven't heard anything from the doctors. Every passing minute was filled with worry and dread that this might be the last time we see our mother breathing.

I heard someone walk up to me. I whipped my head up, thinking it was the doctor. I was disappointed to see Logan instead of the doctor. I sighed loudly and hung my head. This was hopeless. There's no way my mom can survive a seizure like that! No, I can't think like that! I have to stay positive! I must've been thinking too long, because I saw Logan snapping his fingers in my face calling my name.

"Lacey? Lacey? Earth to Lacey," Logan said, trying to get me back into reality. I looked at him and muttered, "What?" He sat down in the chair next to me and looked at me before he said, "The doctor came back. Lacey, your mom is dying. That seizure almost killed her entirely. The doctor said you and James only have a couple of minutes to say your goodbyes. I'm SO sorry Lacey," I nodded slowly and walked as fast as I could to my mother's room so I could say my goodbyes.

LOGAN'S POV:

I watched Lacey as she rushed to her mother's room. Gosh, I feel so bad for the both of them. I know this was going to hard on Big Time Rush and the Maslow family, but we have to keep strong. I saw James come out. He looked horrible! His face was eyes were red from all the tears and his hair was all messed up. I shot out of my seat and embraced him in a tight hug. He just cried on my shoulder. I have never seen him this broken down. We broke from our hug and we stood there in silence. I didn't know what to say. James is a strong person both mentally and physically. He sat back down in one of the uncomfortable waiting chairs and stared off into space. Now, we have to wait for Lacey to come out.

LACEY'S POV:

I walked into my mother's hospital room and nearly had a heart attack. The sight that was set in front of me was horrifying. My mom had way too many needles and tubes and wires connected to her. She looked like something from a horror movie. I sat by her side and took her hand. She looked at me and weakly said, "Hey there Lace,"

"Hi, mommy," I couldn't take it anymore. I broke down and started to bawl my eyes out.

"Hey, hey. Shhh. You are going to be ok," I looked at her and shook my head.

"No I'm not mommy. I need you at the house. I can't live without you. I'm never going to be ok if you aren't here," I replied, sobbing so hard my body was shaking.

"Nonsense! James will be there to take care of you! Besides you are almost 15! About to start driving! You won't need me! I've done my part of raising you into the beautiful young lady you are," She started coughing and groaning in pain.

"But you won't see me graduate! I'm not grown up yet! I still need you to teach me things in life! I know James won't do that! He'll be too busy with the band!" I could see the life start to drain from her face.

"NO MOMMY PLEASE DON'T GO! PLEASE!" I screamed.

"I love you forever and always Lacey. Don't you ever forget that," Those were the last words she said before the heart monitor went off, showing that it wasn't sensing a heartbeat anymore.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no! This can't be happening! Please don't leave mom! PLEASE!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I felt Logan pick me up as the doctors came in. I thrashed around trying to get out of his grasp, but the more I struggled, the tighter his grip got.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! Please don't leave me. Logan I have to go back! Please let me go back! I have to see her one last time! Please Logan!" I pleaded.

"I'm sorry Lacey, but that's not going to happen. I have to get you and James home." He replied with saddness in his voice.

"LOGAN PUT ME DOWN!!!!" I demanded.

"NO! AND THAT'S FINAL! I CAN'T LET YOU GO BACK! IT WILL HURT EVEN MORE IF YOU GO BACK!" He shouted. That got me to calm down. I stopped thrashing and limply let him carry me to the car. James was already in the car. I sat beside him and we both cried our eyes out. Mourning over the loss of our mother.

                             .................

Logan dropped us off and I ran upstairs and locked my bedroom door. I flopped onto my bed and cried and cried and cried until I couldn't anymore.

It was almost 2 in the morning and I still haven't slept at all. I sighed and walked out of my room. I slowly made my way to the end of the hall where James' room was located. I knocked and he said I could come in. I walked in and sat on the edge of his bed. He looked like he hasn't slept at all either. I sighed and quietly asked, "Do you mind if I sleep here tonight? I can't sleep," He thought for a moment and said, "Sure," I crawled under the sheets and turned to where I was facing him. We laid there in silence for a couple of moments before I spoke up, "Do you remember the time when I was 8 and you were 18 and I got my head stuck in a bucket? Mom tried everything to get it off and I was freaking out because I thought I would have a bucket stuck on my head for the rest of my life. I remember you were laughing your head off and I didn't talk to you for a week."

He chuckled and said, "Yeah, I remember that day." The rest of the night went like that. We kept sharing good memories we shared with our mom. I know that she was watching us from above. If she was still here she would've scolded us for staying up all night, but at the same time she would've been proud of her 2 babies bonding in the best way possible.

A/N: Here's chapter 2! If you have any ideas for the story comment below! Love you all! -C