Scott

JAMES' P.O.V.:

Lacey finally managed to get the manager's attention, and called an ambulance to transport Logan to the hospital. I wasn't expecting Lacey to want me to accompany her to the hospital, but she sighs and asks,

"Do you mind driving me to the hospital?" I just nod and follow her as she exits the bar, I don't want to say anything that might upset her even more.

Why was she even upset with me? I didn't do anything to Logan that he didn't deserve. He hurts my sister, I hurt him. That's logical.... right?

We pull into a parking space, and Lacey hops out before I even stop the car completely. I sigh and slowly make my way towards the automatic sliding doors to the emergency room.

"Hi, someone just came in here a few minutes ago. His name is Logan Henderson, and I was wondering if I could see him?" I hear Lacey say to the tired looking receptionist.

"Hold on just a minute," the receptionist responds. "Ah. Here he is, room 106." My sister sighs in relief and rushes down the hall, desperate to find room 106.

LACEY'S P.O.V.:

I make my way down the hall quickly, and find room 106.

I quietly open the door and see Logan wired up to a few machines. He doesn't look so bad after the doctors had cleaned him up. But, I did notice that his usually perfectly curved lips were now swollen, and the eyelids that encase his mesmerizing brown orbs, are now a sickening purple color. I feel a new kind of anger towards James. How could he do this? I know Logan hurt me, but he didn't need to take the damage inflicted on him to this extreme.

I sense another presence in the room besides me and Logan. I turn around from where I'm standing and come face to face with my brother.

"Why are you still here?" I ask woth venom in my voice. He looks taken aback from my tone, and ponders with his thoughts for a moment.

"I gave you a ride here, so you'll need a ride back home." I laugh at his response.

"Leave? I'm not leaving. Not until Logan is well enough to get back up on his feet and go home himself."

"Lacey," he sighs, "you can't stay here overnight, without someone, not Logan with you here."

"Who's going to make me go home?"

"Lacey, why do you think I did this to him?" The question throws me off.

"Hold on. Why are you changing the subject?" He looks surprised that I caught him trying to change the subject.

"Just please answer the question." He pleads.

"Not until you answer my question." We sit in a strained silence.

"I wanted to change the subject because I knew that it wasn't worth fighting over how you get home, or whether or not you do go home. Also, that question was a question that I had been thinking about since we left the bar." He looks defeated, tired. I almost felt sorry for how I acted. Almost.

"Thank you for answering, and my answer is, I don't know, why did you hurt Logan like that?"

"Do you remember a few years back when you had dated that one guy that was such a jerk to you?" I thought back to the last few guys I had dated. Which one was the jerk? Immediately,I knew who he was talking about. Why was he bringing Scott up?

Scott was someone I had dated in the 8th grade. He seemed nice at first, cute, smart, and popular, the total package. Every girl wanted to be with him. It seemed like a Cinderella story. Why did he choose me over all of the popular cheerleaders? I'm not even worth it. He came up to me one day and asked if I had wanted to go out on a date with him. Of course, being the naive little 8th grader, I agreed.