Returning Home

LACEY'S P.O.V.:

Weeks have gone by. I'm slowly recovering. My body is still too weak to move around much, but I manage. Logan and James haven't left my side since I was put in this room. Carlos and Kendall come by every now and then, but when they do, I'm usually asleep. All the medicine is taking a toll on my body. I've lost a considerable amount of weight. I thought it would be the other way around, me gaining weight, but apparently that's not the case.

"Hey, Lace. How ya doing?" Logan asked. I shrugged.

"I've had better days." he chuckled and sat down in a chair beside my bed. I was flipping through channels on the TV when a news story caught my attention.

"An update on the Maslow kidnapping case. The judge says that Mr. Maslow is to go on trial on Monday, September 1st." I turned the television off after I heard that.

"Lacey, this is good. That means your Dad will be sentenced to prison for the rest of his life. You'll never have to worry about him again." After he finished speaking, he grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"Logan, can I tell you something?"

"Of course you can." he replied with a concerned look.

"I've been having horrible nightmares about my Dad. About him coming back."

"Lacey, you know that's not going to happen."

"But what if it does, Logan?" I snapped at him.

"It's not going to, because I'm going to protect you. Lacey, nothing is ever going to hurt you again. Not as long as I'm here."

"Logan,"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you,"

"For what?"

"For being there for me. For being the sweetest guy I have ever known. Thanks for saving me."

"You know I would do that again in a heartbeat, right?" I nod my head and smiled.

"Hey, Logan?"

"Yes, Miss Lacey?

"Are we still on for that date?"

"Of course! As soon as we get out of here." I fell asleep after we had that nice little conversation. I woke up again when the doctor entered the room.

"Hello, Miss Maslow. Feeling any better than yesterday?"

"Yeah," I reply groggily.

"Well, in the past few weeks you've made remarkable progress in your recovery. So much progress, that we can officially say that you are healthy enough to leave and return home."

"Really?" I exclaim. This is the best news I've gotten in a while.

"Yes. Do you happen to know where I can find your brother or his friend?"

"Um, maybe in the food court. It's around lunch time right?"

"That's correct. I'll go look for them and share the good news. In the meantime, get as much rest as you can, you must be fully rested in order to go home." I nodded my head and he silently left my room. I laid my head back down onto my pillow and fell asleep.

                              .................

"Hey, Lacey. Ready to go home?" I opened my eyes and found Logan's dark brown eyes looking down at me. I nod my head excitedly, and Logan let out a soft chuckle.

"Well, before we go, you have to change your clothes. So after you do that, we can go." I snatched the pile of clothes and made my way, slowly, to the bathroom. Once I took off my hospital gown, I looked at my stomach and my thighs. Long, ugly, stitched up cuts ran down my stomach and thighs. The worst one was on my stomach. I wonder how that didn't kill me. I carefully slipped my shirt on and tugged on my shorts. I gathered up my gown and left the bathroom. I smile as I see Logan waiting outside the door with a grin that almost matches mine. He grabs the gown and takes one of my hands.

"James is in the car waiting for us." Logan explains.

"Oh. So that's why he wasn't in the room."

"Yeah," He gives the gown to one of the nurses and we walk off towards the exit.

"I don't think you were supposed to give that nurse the gown..." I say and Logan looks over at me and shrugged his shoulders.

"Oh well. It's not like we're ever coming back." I laugh and we finally make it to my brother's car.

"You ready to go home?" James asks enthusiastically. I get into the car and buckle up. I nod in response to his question and said,

"Let's go home."

                                 .................

The ride wasn't as long as I thought it would be. Before I knew it, we were driving up to the garage. As soon as James stopped the car, I opened the door. I tried getting out fast, but my thigh and the boot around my leg told me otherwise. Logan caught me before I could fall out of the car and said,

"Woah, slow down Lacey. Doctor said you're going to have to take it easy for a few days, okay?" I nod and my face fell. I have been 'taking it easy' for almost two and a half months. I'm sick and tired of 'taking it easy.'

Logan helped me inside while James was talking on the phone to someone.

"Who's he talking to?" I asked Logan. Before he answered me, he sat me down on the couch.

"Your lawyer. He's talking about the trial that's coming up." A shiver ran down my spine.

"Do I have to be there?" I asked quietly.

"Since you were the victim, you are required to go." I groaned. This is the last thing I need to be thinking about.

"Change the subject please." I demanded.

"How about you pick out a movie, and I'll make some popcorn?" I smile cheerfully, and turned on the TV, scrolling through the endless amount of movies Netflix had. By the time I had picked out a movie, Logan had finished making the popcorn.

"You found a movie?" he asked.

"Yup." He sat down and groaned when the saw the movie title pop up on the screen.

"Dear John? Really?"

"Hey, you told me to pick out the movie."

                              .................

In the middle of the movie, James finally came through the front door. I paused it and looked over at him.

"Hey, want to join us?" Logan asks. James just shook his head.

"No, it's okay. I'm pretty tired, I think I'm going to go to bed."

"Oh okay," I reply. "goodnight."

"Goodnight, Lacey."

I turned towards the TV again and started the movie. Throughout the remainder of the movie, I couldn't focus on the movie. James looked so worn out and stressed. Was this all because of me? If it is I would feel terrible. No one should have to go through that much stress.

"Hey, you okay?" Logan asks.

"Yeah. I guess I'm just tired. I think I'm going to call it a night." I tried to get up from the couch, but Logan snaked his arms around my waist and under my knees. He lifted me up with ease and carried me up the stairs.

"Logan, put me down!" I demanded.

"Nope. Remember, the doctor said to take it easy for a few days."

"Well, I think I'm capable of going up the stairs to my room." he shook his head and simply replied,

"Can't take any chances." He opened my door and load me down gently onto my bed. I got under my sheets and almost immediately fell asleep. But before I lost consciousness, I felt Logan kiss my forehead and quietly leave the room. It wasn't long until I was softly snoring.

A/N: Hey guys! I can't believe this story has almost 2K! You guys are amazing! If any of you rushers and also directioners you can check out my Niall fanfic and my Harry fanfic. Remember to vote, comment, and follow! Love you all!        -C