Stopping James.... (Hopefully)

LACEY'S P.O.V.:

I paced around the living room with a sickening feeling in my stomach. I was washed over with fear of what James might do to Logan. I know it wasn't right for Logan to take all his anger out on me, but I can't let James hurt him without me knowing why he lashed out like that. My mind kept wondering and wondering about what's happening between the guys when it occurred to me,

"Why the heck am I still doing here, when I can find James and hopefully stop this from happening." I asked myself out loud. Right as I open the door, a minor detail was presented in front of me. How am I going to get there? Because the accident happened right after I turned 16, James never thought about getting a car for me. So, here I am, 16 years old, with no car, trying to stop my brother from (possibly) killing Logan.

God my life sucks.

I turn and go next door, and knock and ring the doorbell repeatedly until Mrs. Sherman answered the door.

"Oh, hello again Lacey, what is it you need, dear?" A long pause came after she asked the simple question. I tried to figure out a way to politely ask for her car, without causing any suspicion. But, finally I just asked her bluntly,

"Can I borrow your car?" Mrs. Sherman gave me a funny look and answered with a question,

"Why do you need my car, Lacey?"

"It's hard to explain. Just, please, can I borrow it?" I could tell she was debating on whether she should give me her car or not. Time was running out, and I needed an answer. She finally sighed and went back inside her house. She came back to the door with a pair of car keys in her hand.

"Make sure it comes back without a scratch on it, understand?" I smiled big and grabbed the keys.

"Yes, Mrs. Sherman! Thank you so much!" I sprinted to her car in their driveway.

"Kids these days," I heard Mrs. Sherman mutter under her breath. I started the car and was off to find Logan and my brother.

JAMES' P.O.V.:

Anger and frustration coursed through my body. How could he do that to her? What got him so angry that it made him do something like that? I had so many questions and I wanted answers. I called him again, hoping that he'll tell me where he is. It rang a few times, but he finally picked up.

"Waaaaaaaat'ssssss uuuuuuup?" He asks.

"Hey, buddy. Where are ya?"

"What's it to you?" He asks defensively.

"I just want to have some drinks with my best friend."

"Oooohhhhh. Okay. I don't the name of the bar is."

"Can you tell me what street it's on?" I ask impatiently.

"Hold on, let me ask." I could hear him ask someone over the phone where the bar was located at. He then answered me,

"It's on Sunset Boulevard." Sunset. I know exactly where that is.

"Okay, see you in about 10 minutes."

"Ooooook," he said happily. If only he knew the real reason I was going there.

LACEY'S P.O.V.:

I drove off into the night, without a clue of where Logan is. I tried to call him, but it went straight to voicemail. Maybe I could call James... No, he wouldn't tell me where Logan is. I'm really starting to worry about what James is going to do. He's capable of anything. And he could definitely take down Logan without even thinking about it.

I know Logan wouldn't be home. So, I thought about where he would go after a breakup or a bad time. Where does Logan go to when he is sad or depressed? Crap. He's at a bar. I should have known. I race to the one bar that I know he might be at and hope that that's exactly where he is. I've got to get there before James.

JAMES' P.O.V.:

I got to the bar faster than I thought I would. As I get up to the door, a big security guard puts his big hand in front of my chest.

"I need to see your I.D., sir." He says in a deep voice. I sigh in frustration, and dig my I.D. out from my pocket. I show him the I.D. and he let's me through.

"Don't cause any trouble." Ha. No promises.

I get inside and immediately the scent of alcohol and sweat hits me. I weave my way through the dancing people, and find my way towards the bar.

"What can I get ya?" The bartender aks politely.

"I'm fine for now," I reply. She just shrugs and walks off to the next person waiting to be served. As I'm looking around attempting to find Logan, a hand grabs my shoulder. I spin around and come face-to-face with Logan. He reeks of alcohol, and he can barely stand up.

"Heeeeeyy. You made it!" He exclaims.

"Yeah. I made it," I say through gritted teeth. I have never hated someone as much as I hate him right now.

"Soooo, what are you doing here?" He questions. I clench my hand into a fist, and felt it connect with his jaw. He falls backwards and looks up at me with surprise.

"What was that for?" He asks. I'm too angry to respond. I grab his shirt, and yank him up. I hit his face repeatedly and I don't stop until I hear the sound of my little sister's voice. I let him go and he falls to the ground, unconscious. I'm breathing heavily because of the amount of force I put into those punches.

"WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLEM!?" She screams. I almost regret what I did when I see the sadness and the horror on her face.

"He hurt you, Lacey! I was just trying to get my point across that it's not okay to hurt you like he did!"

"WELL, YOU DON'T NEED TO PROTECT ME LIKE THAT! I AM PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF TAKING CARE OF MYSELF AND DEALING WITH MY OWN PROBLEMS!" Tears are streaming down her face. She leans down and examines the damage that I had done to Logan. She looks back up at me and quietly says,

"You need to go home." The look on her face when she tells me that I probably just lost her.

A/N: Hey guys! How on Earth does this story have 3K reads!? I LOVE you guys so much! Remember to vote, comment, and follow! Love you all!      -C