Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning with a wave of vertigo, and had to sit back down. Caroline was snoring lightly next to me, and I shook her awake.

"Caroline! Get up!" She slowly got up, but not until I promised, we would drive up to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast. We were sitting at the kitchen table, absentmindedly texting each other. It had finally dawned on me that my bastardly older brother, who always teased me about being a virgin, would soon be leaving for football camp. Yeah, he annoyed the hell out of me, but I still loved him.

"Haven, you up?" Bryan yelled through the house at me as he came into view.

"No, I'm in the kitchen, sleepwalking and talking," I said sarcastically.

"Bitch." He muttered under his breath.

"You better get some powder to cover up you're various hickeys, or you'll be the laughing stock of the football team." I said and rolled my eyes.

He turned red.

"You do realize our walls are not soundproof, and any sound can travel through, even a night of extraneous lovemaking, or whatever you call all that grunting that was going on in there. Sounded more like a couple of pigs frolicking in a big mud puddle." I continued and heard Caroline stifle a giggle.

As further proof, Leanne walked in, with an oversized T-shirt that clearly wasn't hers.

"Hence, the T-Shirt, my final piece of evidence your honor," I quipped as I looked over at Caroline and grinned.

"What?" Leanne said, sounding confused. "Did I miss something funny?" She continued looking over at Caroline with hand clamped over her mouth trying unsuccessfully to keep a straight face.

"I was teasing Bryan about the walls, and how they don't block out sound." I explained to her.

"We, were Haven, WE were," Caroline interrupted me. Caroline blushed and turned away.

"Anyways," Bryan said, cutting us both off.

"Can you guys drive Leanne home?'' He asked us turning on the charm.

"I need to get ready for the last day scrimmage, and she needs to get home." He said.

"Sure. Good luck," Caroline and I said simultaneously.

~~~

We dropped Leanne off at her home, after agreeing to go out for mani/pedis next week.

"So, I bet you Bryan is moving his sorry ass out on the field right now, should we go cheer him on?" Caroline responded. Perfect, another reason for my status teasing.

"If we hurry, we can see them all sprint," I said and quickly pulled out of Leanne's driveway to the school.

"Go Bryan go!" We screamed and took sips of our Slurpee's. We had taken a Slurpee and Munchies break quickly before pulling into the High School parking lot.

He turned, and ignored us.

We cracked up, and made a beeline for her house to spend the rest of the day just chilling.

"So, why did we just do that?" I asked Caroline, out of breath from laughing too much. I took a handful of Munchies and shoved them into my mouth.

"Not very ladylike, huh?" Caroline scolded me, and proceeded to show me the 'correct" way to eat munchies, one by one. She picked out the mini Doritos. Damn. Those were my favorite.

Caroline was the person you would call "drunk on living" It was quite true for her though, she didn't need to get wasted at a party, although most of the time she chose to and participated in various wet shirt contests.

"Don't you even want a boyfriend?" Caroline asked looking at me as if I was an alien or something.

"Not really, why?" I replied honestly.

"Well, first of all, making out IS pretty fun." She said and I giggled.

"Is that all you think about? Is Cody just some plaything for your crazed, make out sessions?" I asked her.

"No! I love Cody! But making out IS a definite perk," Caroline said with a big grin.

"Enough," I said as my face turned red.

"I'm a sophomore; I have two years to worry about boyfriends." I said in my defense. Nevertheless, she was right, I did feel lonely most days, and watching Bryan and Leanne fall in love hadn't made it any better.