Chapter 18

I was no longer the shy girl who was scared to have a boyfriend, I was the girl who wasn't afraid to hook up at a party, and not remember it the next night. Of course, I made my party reputations, stay at the parties. At home I was the old Haven, the good girl who loved her daddy and brother and was never vulgar. I still loved them either way though. As soon as I felt like it, I called Chris up.

"Wanna grab lunch?" I asked him, still in my room, with PJ's on. It was 12:30 and I was starving.

"Sure, I'll pick you up in 20."

"See ya then." I said and swiftly hung up the phone. I had just enough time to slip on dark wash skinny jeans, a crop top, and my North Face with my Burberry scarf tucked inside. My Uggs were shoved onto my feet in haste so I could touch up my makeup. After touching up the little makeup I was wearing, which was only black eyeliner and black mascara, I grabbed my Vera Bradley and went to sit on the couch to wait for Chris. Five minutes later he honked his horn, and I scrambled off the couch and off the door briefly yelling to Bryan I was going out.

'Hey.". I said as I climbed into shotgun and buckled my seatbelt.

"What's up? Bryan not fun enough?" I made a face of mock anger and laughed.

"So, where shall we go?" I asked him in a fancy British accent.

"We shall go to Applebee's." He said in a hilarious accent back.

"Very well then, I commence you to drive." I said and we erupted into more laughter.

We got to the restaurant, which was almost empty and got seated. Our waitress got our drinks; two Cokes and we browsed the menu.

"Order anything you want. My treat."He said. I didn't bother arguing with him this time.

"So, how's Amy?" His little sister had recently broken her Ankle. The poor girl, only seven years old.

"Better, she can use the crutches like a pro now."

"That's good." Our waitress came back and I ordered a salad, while Chris ordered a huge burger.We chatted awhile more, until our food came, and we selfishly wolfed it down.After he paid the bill, we both got into his car having no idea what to do next.

"Wanna go to my place? "

"Sure, let's go." I said. Chris pulled into his gravel driveway and the crunch of the stones on the tires made it feel homey. The car slowly rolled to a stop and he cut the engine, taking the keys with him. He unlocked his front door and led me inside.

It was the first time I had ever been to his house empty before, other than the party of course.We headed up to his room absentmindedly, and I asked him questions about his personal life.

"Haven, I was wondering, do you want to start going out... as like a couple?" His question put me off guard.

"That's really sweet, but as you know, I just had my heart broken by one guy, and I don't know if I can handle it.". It seemed as if my heart had other plans though.

I walked the short difference from his bed to the doorframe and launched myself in his lap, and he kissed me in the process.

"Know what?" I breathlessly said to him.

"What?"

"I'll take up your offer of being my boyfriend, consider me yours." He smiled, and bent down to kiss me.

It was about 8 at night, and Chris and I had been hanging out for hours. He was asleep, and I loved the way his face looked while he was sleeping.

"Wake up." I said and he groggily awoke. A guy's sleepy voice is seriously the sexiest thing ever.

"I need to get home soon."

'Five more minutes?"He asked.

"No." I said, getting up from the bed to hunt for my shoes. After successfully finding them I slid them on.

My phone rang in my jeans pocket. I fished it out and answered on the third ring.

"Bryan?"

"Yeah, dad wanted me to let you know he was going out on a business trip the rest of the weekend.

"I'll be home in ten." Playoffs, were soon, I realized. Panic mode began to set in.