Chapter 6

"It's time for another one of my famous makeovers!" Caroline fist-pumped in the air to the music in her head.

"Crap. Not again. Somebody shoot me now." I groaned.

"If this is a normal thing now that I am 'dating', you are dead." I growled at her.

"Then try and kill me! You could at least pay attention to what I do as I tell you, but you always doze off. If you listened, maybe you could to your own makeup one day and I wouldn't have to start from scratch every time." She giggle snorted as she rolled her eyes, answering my complaint.

I looked up to glare at her, met by her quirky smile.

"Well, excuse me missy, it's not my fault you are hopelessly in love with him already." Caroline said with a wave of her hand dismissively. My cheeks burned.

"I am not!" I defended myself. Ok, yeah, I fell in love fast, but not that fast. I met him four days ago, for Christ's sake; I wasn't Dear John, or was I? Damn, I was a goner already and Caroline was right, but I would never admit that to her.

"Anyways, I do NOT feel like staying in my boring-as-hell house any longer, can I sleep over your house tonight?"

"If I can do your makeup on a regular basis," She said smugly. Damn, she drives a hard bargain. She played on my emotions knowing how much I hated makeovers.

"Fine." I groaned, and watched Caroline clap her hands excitedly."Yes! Fist pump!" She started fist-pumping, trying to get an actual fist bump from me, but I wasn't playing along.

"Honey Boo Boo on last night?" I asked her trying to change the subject. I knew her too well

'"Yep. A repeat, but still, I love seeing Mama sneeze." She said

"You watch too much T.V." I accused her.

"At least I don't read like SOME people do. Bor-ing!" She snapped back jokingly drawing out the word boring.

"What? It's not my fault I'd rather read about somebody gross than watch it." I countered.

"Weirdo." She retorted back.

"'Touché." I conceded.

The last day of freedom, Bryan was coming home tomorrow.

"Your parents are out?" I asked her, and she waggled her eyebrows.

"You know what that means." She said.

"What?" I asked, hopelessly confused. The girl's brain worked on a level that was so unpredictable. She led me up to her room, and went to her walk-in closet, while she dug around, promptly bringing up bottles of vodka and beer. I grabbed Doritos and the Munchies, and we made our way to her bedroom, which thankfully had cable T.V., so once we were settled in, we had no reason to leave.

"Give me a glass." I said, and she poured me a glass of vodka.

I drained it, and the second glass. It burned going down my throat, and the feeling was calming.

"Give me more." Were the words I heard coming out of my mouth, but wondering what the hell I was thinking.

"Why certainly." Caroline giggled and poured us both more vodka.

We finished off the bottle, even though it was half-gone to begin with, it was more than enough to accomplish my goal.

We drunkenly cleaned up, giggling our asses off, and passed out on her bed.

I woke up to a pounding headache, and Caroline snoring lightly next to me on the bed. With the headache and spinning room, I made a mental note. Note to self: Drinking not good. Just say no next time. I shook her awake.

"Caroline!" I screamed into her ear.

"What the fuck was that for?" She yelled, and winced. Like me, she had a killer headache.

"Man, these are probably our worst hangovers yet. Your dad isn't home, luckily, and my folks aren't coming home until tonight. We better check out the house for any damage." I warned her.

Other than some vomit in the bathroom, and an unknown substance puddled on the kitchen counter, nothing looked different.

"Can you drive yourself home because I seriously think I feel worse than you. You are way too chipper for my taste right now." She grumbled.

"Yeah, see you later. I am gonna grab a couple Tylenol before I go. I'll check in with you later." I said clenching my hands at my temples trying to stop the pounding.

"Sure. Bye." She whispered placing a pillow over her head.My sunglasses and hoodie helped me some; at least they helped me home safely.

I passed out on my bed immediately. Too tired and nauseous to eat. The Tylenol barely muting my throbbing head.

Bryan would drive himself home was the last thing I thought, then, I blacked out.

"Haven? You here?" Bryan's voice boomed through the house and woke me up.

I felt me door being opened and tried to pretend to be asleep.

"Haven! Come give me a hug!" Bryan said as he walked in.

"No. Go away, and stop yelling!" I muttered.

"You didn't keep your promise to me before I went to camp, did ya sis." He said, his tone accusatory.

"What promise?" I asked him, too dizzy to remember anything.

"I asked you not to get too drunk with Caroline. Anyways, you smell like a liquor cabinet. Dad will be home in two hours and I suggest you shower to get rid of the smell. Brush your teeth, twice. You reek!" He chuckled and pinched his nose.

"Fine." I groaned and got out of my bed.

The hot water of the shower relaxed my muscles and the familiar smell of my shampoo brought me back to reality a bit. I turned off the hot water reluctantly, and got out my fluffy bathrobe. After getting changed, I went into Bryan's room to help him unpack.

"Need help?" I asked him.

"Sure, and you smell much better. You're lucky your room doesn't smell like alcohol, but I sprayed some Febreze in there anyway." He joked.

"I guess so, and thanks." I said and yawned.

"Can you believe we only have two days until schools starts?" He asked me.

"I guess so." I agreed and yawned again. We heard the door being opened and both got up to greet our dad.

"Hi daddy." I said and hugged him. Bryan did the same, just not the "daddy" part.

"You okay Haven?" My dad asked me. Shit.

"She was throwing up all day. Must be a 24-hour stomach bug or something." Bryan said, and gave me a look that said 'You owe me.'

"You should get some rest then sweetie. I'll bring you some soup later, if you want." My dad said as he felt my forehead for fever.

"I agree. For now, I think I just need to rest. No soup yet, but thanks dad." I said and hugged him.

Normally, I wouldn't have wanted to, but I was so tired, I didn't even remember to call Caroline. I headed upstairs and fell onto my bed. I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.