Chapter 9

It was early October, and Christian and I had been going out for over a month now. We were no longer the juicy topic of the school, Macey Adams was, and she was bragging about screwing half the football team. Something to be proud of, right? He picked me up for school now, leaving Bryan all by himself on the ride, but he was okay with it, and he soon carpooled with our neighbors.

"Hey." I said as he picked me up for school one morning and I kissed him on the cheek.

"You look tired." He said to me.

"No, I'm fine, I just read a little more than I should have last night".

Our relationship was already pretty serious. Not in the "I-want-to-run-off-to-Vegas-and-get-married," type of serious. He looked over and smiled at me.

"Why so red?" He asked me, and I blushed deeper.

"No reason." I said sheepishly, leaving a hint of curiosity in my voice. We pulled into the school with fifteen minutes to spare, and Bryan walked over to us.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" Bryan asked Christian.

"Sure." And they went over to the vending machine to talk. I craned my neck, while at the same time trying to look casual, and managed to catch some of the conversation.

"You better take care of her. I think you are awesome, but if you ever hurt her, you deal with me." Bryan told him sternly, trying to look tough.

"Trust me; you aren't the first one to tell me that."

"My dad?" I heard Bryan ask.

"Yeah, but he has reason to, she's his only daughter."

"Yeah, but he was never that severe during the other guys she dated, even though there weren't many. Swear to God, the last guy she dated, he hit her. That's why; I am watching you. I just don't want her to be hurt again."

"Dude, I understand. I would never hit her or any other girl for that matter. Besides, I really care about Haven, you have my word." They walked back over after doing the cool dude 'fist bump' ritual.

"What did you guys talk about?" I asked him.

"Football." Bryan replied too quickly. I smiled. If only he knew.

I headed to chemistry with five minutes to spare, and chucked my books in my backpack, leaving the rest in my locker. Caroline bounded up to my locker.

"Hey girl!" Caroline said.

"Walk and talk." I said. We had chemistry together.

"Well, I just want to let you know that you and Christian are THE hottest couple at Nashville High right now, whether you know it or not."

"That's not true." I said back with the obligatory eye roll.

"Well, that's just what the whole school is saying. Just to let you know."

She walked over to her seat just as the bell rang and Mr. Nolan walked in, mumbling to himself about sulfuric acid.

"Today class, we will be doing a lab with sulfuric acid, please get into groups of two."

Expectantly, Caroline bounded over.

"You actually have to work this time." I warned her.

"I know, I just had to get away from Eugene Miller. Eeeew! Why did Mr. Nolan pair me up with HIM?"

"HMMMMM I wonder why?" I said.

"Maybe it was because you were always talking to me." I teased.

"So!" She huffed back.

"Well, at least you don't talk anymore."

"He tried to ask me to homecoming. Talk about gross!". We grabbed all the materials, and began the lab.

Caroline and I walked to lunch, me with a smile, and hers with a scowl. She had just scored detention from Mrs. Campbell, the English teacher.

"I mean, I don't get why she gave me detention, she had the wrong answer. I was just correcting her!" Luckily, a few nodding encouragements made it believe I was paying attention. I scanned the cafeteria and found who I was looking for. Christian, Ainsley, Logan, and Finn were already sitting down, and made hand motions, gesturing us to sit down. We sat down and Christian sweetly kissed me on the cheek.

"Hey! What's up?" I asked everybody.

"Nothing much." Ainsley replied absentmindedly, picking at a piece of suspicious looking pizza.

"Same here." Logan said and took a wolfishly big bite of his burger. Finn started to crack up and did the same with his. I snapped a picture of the candid moment on my iPhone, ah, memories.

I was driving home from school with Christian, and we hung out at the house for a while after homework.

"Is anybody ever home?" Christian asked me, eyeing the empty house.

The T.V. was on mute, and a re-run of Glee was on. Rachel's mouth squawked at Tina for no reason.

"Yeah, but Bryan has football until 6 and dad works until 8.

"So, we are completely alone?" He said wickedly.

"Yeah, why?" I replied with the same tone.

"I suppose you don't mind if I do this?" He said.

He kissed me intensely, his lips tasting like coffee and caramel. He had just taken a sip of my caramel macchiato.We kissed for what seemed like hours.

"Two weeks from now, One of the seniors, Scotty is hosting a back-to-school party. You want to come with me?" He asked after we finally had a break.

"Sure." I said and lowered my lips back down to his.We were both laying on my bed talking, kissing, whatever. Anything a normal couple would do. My dad had called me to say that he had to come home quickly, and get a bag of stuff. He had an important business meeting out-of-state in the morning, and was going to rent a hotel.

After he had left, Christian and I fell asleep, until 8. Bryan didn't know about dad, so I told him. Since Bryan was the only one home, and he was going over to Leanne's, we basically had the house to ourselves.

"Spend the night with me." I had asked him and he went home quickly to grab a bag, change of clothes, and his toothbrush. We snuggled up in bed, knowing that Bryan would most likely be staying over Leanne's house. This was later confirmed by a text. I put on a camisole, and pajama shorts, while he just wore pants.

Thank-God my bed was a queen-size. I had no clue what I would do if it was twin size.

I got in on the side I normally did, the left, and he got in on the right.

"How many other guys have you slept with? "He asked me.

"Well, counting you, one." I said and lowered my eyes.

"I feel honored." We didn't do anything, but I fell asleep next to his muscled chest as I dreamt of him.

I woke up and yawned. Christian was asleep next to me, and I woke him up with a kiss.

"If this is how I would wake up every morning, I could get used to being an early riser."

He said. I got up, and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me back into the covers.

I looked at the time. 11:05 A.M. My dad wouldn't be home until later tonight.

"So, what are you up for?" I asked him, pulling on a pair of jeans, and self-conscious of my zebra print panties. He smiled.

"I think we should just stay here all day." I pulled off my camisole and got into a matching bra, and he averted his eyes away.

"It's okay to look now.". I said with a laugh and turned to my dresser to find a decent top to wear. I ended up with my dark blue American Eagle flowered blouse. After a much-needed breakfast, we kissed more again. Intensely, until Bryan walked into the house with a smirk on his face as if he had just won the lottery. Oh hell.