Chapter 11

After the party, Caroline and I had headed back to her house; I had to be the designated driver since she was as drunk as fuck.

"I had fun." she slurred simply.

"I was in there with Oliver Woods before Scott" she replied smugly.

"What about Darren?" I asked her.

"Oops, can't forget about him!" She giggled.

"Damn girl, you work fast." She winked. I shook my head.

"Boner central, at that party for sure." Caroline said, and fell asleep.

The next day, Christian and I wear hanging in his room, and I was lying down on Christian's bed, staring up at the fan I kissed him, breathing in his heady scent.

"You smell amazing." I said and shivered.

"Are you cold? Let me warm you up," he said, his voice husky. He had those blankets that heated up, so we were plenty warm.

"You know how much I love you?" He said to me a little later.

"How?" I asked, captivated with watching his lips move as he spoke.

"More than you will ever know," he admitted sweetly, leaning closer. At this point, he was dangerously close to my lips, and kissed me. We sat up and he wrapped his arms around my waist. Sitting there, we kissed for what seemed like forever. We lounged around for a while longer, and then he drove me home.

Sunday morning rolled around, and I went to go pick up the paper for my dad. Christian came over to watch the Titans game with my dad and brother, and as they were talking, I realized that they got along real well.

"I think we better get our act together or we will never have a chance at the Super Bowl,". Christian said and my dad came back with a closing argument. When the game was over, he headed out.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said and kissed him on the lips.

He eagerly kissed me back, opened the passenger side, and headed into his house.

Since I had the car to myself for the ride home, I drove to the nearest 7/11 to grab a bottle of Coke, and a bag of chips. Sitting in the parking lot, I started to cry, not really knowing why even, but I did cry for my mother; I am positive about that.