Get up!

* italics and underlined is characters speaking telepathically * *Bold Is characters thoughts*. *and regular text is monologue or actions*

Masako POV

"John I'm sorry."
"It's okay. It's not your fault." He mumbled
I should have told him why they can't crossover.
"Masa I think I'm about to go to bed." John yawned.
"Ok. Hey John can I um stay with you again?"
"Yes." He whispered.
"Thank you."
"Anytime Masa." John said smiling.
"I'm going to go put my pajamas on, ok?"
"Ok." He said as I walked out of the room.

John POV

"She's upset about something." I mumbled to myself pulling off my shirt to change into my pajamas.
"I wish she would tell me what's wrong." I whispered pulling my pajama shirt over my head.
"I really need to quit talking to myself." I said staring in the mirror at my reflection.
"I'm..."
"Too skinny." I sighed.
I need to start eating healthier.
"I hope everything gets better. No disorders, no evil father, no bad ghost, and a happily ever after ending where everyone wins." I mumbled sitting down at my desk.

"We actually have to work tomorrow."
Maybe working will get my thoughts off of him. I wish I could just turn my mind off, all the bad memories. The pain. The pain he caused me. I just want it to go away and disappear into nothing but a bad dream. All the pictures I have of my father and I before I turned seven. It was all smiles and love. I wish it would have stayed that way. Where would I be today if...if he hadn't of hit me. If he would have been a good father, not an abusive one.  Joey wouldn't be dead, I would probably not be this messed up, I would have a better relationship with my family, and I probably would have never met the team.
I could live with all of that except for not meeting my team. The people I see as family. 
I will never know why he did it. Why he changed. Why he...hit me. I just need to make damn sure he never does it again.

I have to protect myself this time, Joey is not here to protect me now.
I have to protect myself and my family.

"John are you okay?" Masako asked snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Uh yeah I'm fine. Just thinking."
"Oh." She mumbled.
"What was your father like? And your mother?" I asked before I could stop myself.
"They were great. My father, he was my best friend. He was a doctor and he traveled a lot and sometimes he would take me with him. We travelled around Japan and we even got to go to France a couple of times and I got to see where my mom grew up. My mother stayed at home with me and homeschooled me. Sometimes she would go with us and when ever we started home from wherever my dad was needed at the time we would stop and get ice cream." She said smiling.

"When my father passed away, I was lost. I didn't really know what to do. It affected my mom the most. She loved to drive, it helped clear her head. So after my father died she went driving, and she was in a wreck. Her car went off the side of the rode and was wrapped around a tree. They put her on life support, but she never woke back up. So I was adopted by my Grandma and Grandfather." She recalled a single tear rolling down her cheek. I didn't say anything I just pulled her into a hug.
"I miss them." She whispered.
"I know." I whispered kissing the top of her head.
"Let's go to bed." Masako whispered pulling me towards the bed.
"Okay." I said sitting down on the bed.

••10:30 pm••

"John?"
"Hmmm?"
"After this case, are you going to stay in Australia?" Masako whispered.
"I honestly don't know. I don't want to leave you, but I also don't want to leave my family." I answered truthfully.
"I understand."
"If you had to chose anywhere in the world to live, where would you live?" I asked.
"Um I don't know. Maybe France."
"It would be nice to live in France." I mused.

•••12:25•••

"John we've been together a week. It doesn't feel like it's been a week." Masako said smiling a small smile.
"It has been a week, hasn't it?" I asked smiling.

••••12:40••••

"John have you ever been in a relationship with anyone other than me?" Masa asked.
"Well um yeah when I was in pre-school there was this girl named Maddie who asked me to be her boyfriend, so I said yes and we'd always play on the monkey bars. I sound so pathetic."

"No! No you don't sound pathetic. That's so cute are you still friends with her?" Masako exclaimed.
"No. I skipped a lot of grades so I never really talked to her again after first grade."
"Oh. That's sad."
"It's ok. She did share her lunch with me though so I kind of miss the free food." I said smiling.
"I bet." She said rolling her eyes.
"What about you? Have you ever been in a relationship before me?"
"Yes. I don't really want to talk about it though."
"He didn't hurt you did he?"
"No. I didn't want to date him but my grandma made me."
"I'm sorry Masa."
"It's okay now I stood up to my grandma and left him. My great grandmother arranged my grandma's marriage to my grandfather so she tried to do the same to me."
Would her grandmother approve of me?
"Let's go to sleep now." Masako whispered.
"Goodnight Masa. Te amo mi amour."
"I love you too." She replied with a smile.

••••••••• about 7 hours later •••••••••
Masako POV

Is John talking?
"Leave me alone." John whispered.
He's having a nightmare.
"John. Hey you need to wake up." I said shaking his shoulders a little bit.
"Stop please."
"John get up. It's just a dream! You're safe. You are safe. Please wake up." I pleaded shaking him again.
"John! Get up!" I attempted one more time to wake him.
"You're safe. He is not here. You are safe. I'm here. You're okay." I said softly hugging him as tight as I could without hurting him.

"Masako?"
"I'm here." I whispered looking at him.
He's not fully awake.
"Thank you." John whispered.
"You don't have to thank me. Let's go back to sleep."
"I'm scared." He whispered
"Ever since I saw him at the park I can't sleep, I can't get him out of my head. Masako I have a very bad feeling and it won't go away. He wouldn't just show back up to scare me, he's planning something and I'm scared. It's making me paranoid. I deal with the paranormal, I deal with terrifying situations all the time and never flinch, but now a small creak or a knock on my door and I almost jump out of my skin and I don't know what to do." John admitted and for the first time since I've known him he looked completely terrified and broken.
What could his father be planning?
"John..."

"Please can we just go back to bed. I don't want to talk about it anymore." John mumbled sounding close to tears.
"John no one in this house would let him hurt you. You're not alone anymore. I love you John, let's go back to sleep. I'll be here if you have another nightmare or if you want to talk or neither. I'm here for you."
"Thank you Masa so much. I love you too, goodnight." John said kissing the top of my head.

•••• Here is the next chapter. I hope you liked it! So yeah let me know what you think! Thank you for reading!

~Tayterchip