Five

Reader's POV:

"Um... Why the hell are we here?"

"Because this is my job." You walked up to the stone steps to a building, pulling the door open. "Come on."

"I don't know..." Doug grimaced, rubbing the nape of his neck. He was even taking a few steps back. Seems like he might be uncomfortable, given where you work, and you totally get it.

"My shift is starting. You know where to find me." As you entered through the door you glanced over your shoulder at him again, seeing if he was following, but he wasn't. The perplexed expression didn't help you figure out if he would either.

"(F/n), (F/n)!!" A small child came running into your arms and not to far behind came a group.

"Heyy, little people." You patted their heads. They were excited to see you, crowding you with hugs and stories. It was totally adorable.

"Come on, Let's go!" They tugged left and right, but decidedly confirmed that they all wanted to go to the playroom.

The sound of the door opening filled your ears and then his voice. "(F/n)..."

"Wow, you've shocked me." You chortled, glancing over your shoulder. "Now, follow us. Please."

"I'd rather not..."

You looked back to the children, telling them you'd just be a second. Of course, there was a rebel. There always is, but this tiny tot wouldn't understand a thing.

Doug shortened the distance between you, now staring you in the face. It wasn't a good one either.

"I'm starting to think this really bothers you." You adjusted the brunette in your arms. Doug watched the whole time like it antagonized him a bit. You weren't sure why it would, but if it does, it'd be hard to find out.

"Yeah. I don't want to be hanging around brats all day."

"Hmph... Is that really it?" You raised a brow.

"Yeah. Let's go back to your place."

You sighed, "I'd love to, but I have to pay rent." Sure, it was just a cook/janitor job, but the pay was great and you only had to work four hours. That's dinner, bedtime, cleaning, and then close. You honestly can't beat it.

"But why did you pick this place? It's filled with sad kids." he tucked his hands in his pockets.

"No, it's not and I like working here." You turned your back to him, pouting, "Besides, you're the only one who's on vacation. Then again, a suspension." you tapped your pointer finger on your chin, "And you still have four days to go, and no friends."

"Shut up..." He stepped forward, yanking on your cheek. "You're so fucking annoying."

"Language!"

"What does he care? He's been fiddling with your chain for five minutes and he's like three and dumb." He yawned.

"DOUG!" you punched him in the shoulder. "That was so rude. Children have feelings, too." He's so ridiculous.

"Why did you choose to work at a Twilight orphanage, don't you know what that looks like?"

"No, I don't. Do tell though?" Might as well not play the guessing game. If you do that, chances are this will turn into a real drag.

"It looks like a Normal taking pity on Twilights."

"Is that it?"

This conversation could take a turn for the worst and you were supposed to clock in ten minutes ago. A fellow worker walked by and you grabbed their attention. For a favor, of course. Just to take the boy and to clock in for you, which she willingly obliged. Thank God for kind people like that, unlike Doug.