Eight

Doug's POV:

~NightFall~

Lying on the roof of a nearby building, Doug stares down at the children's orphanage- wondering why anyone would want to work there, but more so about your strange behavior.

It's incredibly apparent that falling down stairs was a lie.

After leaving from your apartment, he intended to go home, but having passed the said place, he came up with an ingenious plan. A stakeout. Obviously, it's not gonna be easy to get the truth out of you, so this will do.

Admittedly, this wasn't his first time. He'd done it before officially establishing the sexual agreement and another second random time, but a few cans of beers kept him company-plus anyone walking around on the ground.

He focuses on the main entrance, watching adults enter and exit. Not one of them ever leaves with a child though. Why anyone would ever want to adopt a Twilight is beyond him, as well. He's also curious why a Normal would wanna work there. It doesn't add up.

I can't understand you, (F/n)...

His nose scrunches up, as he chugs his first can of six pack---- not that he intended to drink them all.

In the windows, the lights flicking off caught his attention. "Curfew already?" Doug digs his phone out. "9:30..." I couldn't have missed her.

Around six p.m. was the time he showed up since your shift starts at seven. He had been watching carefully.

No matter how discernful the eyes may be, they make mistakes sometimes. Also, you weren't the type to miss work. He was willing to wait it out though.

He'll do anything to get to the bottom of it all.

• • •

Squeak...

"Mmm..." Doug hums. He had fallen asleep outside again, but some scurrying across his neck made his eyes shoot open.

"Aaaghh! Rat!" Oh shit!! He rolls off the roof. I'd be dead if I were normal. He thought as he landed everso catlike, a cloud of dust kicking up.

Two women exiting the orphanage also happened to see that. One was locking up the doors. "Did that guy just fall from the sky??"

"Who knows. Don't make eye contact." The other replies as they head off swiftly.

Breathing out heavily, Doug checks the time again. "12:50. Way to go self..." he puts it away, starting to head in the direction of his home.

He was really hoping to catch you. Of course, he wasn't sure if you were there to begin with, but he was willing to try again tomorrow or that popup like implied.

-home-

Tiredly trudging through the entrance, Doug strips off his hoodie and much to his surprise, Galahad arrives a few short minutes after.

"Hey." He nods, softly shutting the door.

"S'up." Doug replies, sitting on the sofa with his head laid back.

"Just done finishing up some things with Marko. Come from visiting your girlfriend?" He teases, hanging his coat on the rack.

"No, I just dozed off somewhere." He rests his eyes.

Retreating to the kitchen, Gal grabs two cans of beer and heads over to the sofa opposite of Doug.

"Oh. Then that explains why you didn't bring Ginger food or clock out from HQ." The pop tab clicks out loudly and he takes a sip.