Fourteen

(A/n: Yo! Bet you didn't think I'd come back so soon! usually takes a year Lol.  But this is what we all been waiting for. Probably don't read around others...😗 and once more, this Shits all over the place. But Enjoy!)

Doug's POV:

For the second time tonight Doug found himself riding in the backseat. He was impoverished by his lack of sleep, barely able to keep his eyes open. However, his senses were still on high alert, making him sensitive to everything near.

The car had been rolling along for quite a while. He dozed off a little more every time the wheels hit soft bumps in the road and the elevator music lulled him into deeper drowsiness. It just couldn't be helped.

Jock checked on Doug in his rearview mirror. He was covered in blood, which made the man internally fretful. Since the seats were black, it wasn't a huge concern. It's just the principles, y'know.

It wasn't long before the car came to a gradual stop, the old man halfway turning out his seat. "Hey, kid... wake up. We're here." He says, but seemingly Doug was already asleep.

Sighing, Jock removes his seatbelt, as his voice wasn't reaching him. "Hey! Wake up!" He reaches back and taps him, but still nothing.

"You're home! So wake up!!" He gives a strong nudge but instantly regretted it. Doug had one of his kukris to his throat.

"Don't touch me."

"H-h.....hey! T-take it, easy kid!" Jock held his hands up, waiting for the grogginess to kick out. "We're at your place! That's all I wanted to say!"

Relaxing his arm, "Sorry.", he sighs and replace the blade in the holster. His left-hand reaches for the handle. "Thanks. See ya tomorrow."

Sweatdropping, "Yeah... About that. I think you should call someone else." Jock confesses quietly. He reaches into his glove compartment and hands something to Doug.

He only spared it a glance before tucking it away in his pocket. "Fine with me. Later, old man." Doug exits.

Jock gives a nod, driving off afterward. When the car was out of sight, Doug started to make his way back to the house.

~Timeskip~

Squealing from the front door creaked out as Doug enters the house. It was a thirty-minute walk and the kick to the leg he received earlier ached. It made him wish he took a bike before he left.

He was careful not to touch or brush against anything inside the house. Cleaning up bloodstains is the last thing he wants to do.

As he heads upstairs he watches every step made. The floorboard slightly squealing from the weight. He walked straight to the room you vacate in, the knob twisting slowly as he lay his hand upon it. But he stopped.

This doors pretty loud... What if she wakes up and sees me like this?

He looks down at himself before letting go. You would most certainly ask questions if you saw his bloodied attire. So he heads off to shower instead.

•  •  •

Leaned against the wall, Doug let the hot shower soothe him and wash away his newly committed sins.

There was a cut above his brow from being hit in the face. It didn't run deep, but it'd raise your suspicions.  He'll come up with a reliable excuse somehow.

With the water crashing down on his face, he vividly imagined a replay of what just took place.

I didn't have as much fun as I wanted. And also failed to ask questions. I was too impatient...