Ten

(A/n: before you read, just know your past is fucked up lol. sorryz. Enjoy!)

Reader's POV:

~Timeskip~

"Doug look!! It's the sea!" You press yourself against the glass. "And mountains!! You seeing this??"

"Yeah, I see it." Doug snickers a bit. "Why are you so excited--- never seen the sea?"

"That's right. I'm a born and raised city dweller. That's all I've ever known. Not that I have a problem with it. I always wanted to see the sea."

"So you could sell seashells by the seashore?" Doug cracks.

"Dude, how did you know~~!?" Teary-eyed you laugh along with him. It took a while to straighten up, but somehow each of you managed."N-n-no... But seriously, it was a dream of my family. Like a trip or something."

"I didn't know that." He breathes out.

"Cause we don't share stuff like that." You glance at him leaned back against the red cross leather bench.

Doug shifts, flipping the hood from his eyes. "Well, maybe we should start. How about it?"

"I guess so. It is pretty boring since you didn't say it'd take two days to get there." You sit back in your seat still watching the beautiful scenery flash by.

Doug chuckles. "Wouldn't be fun if I told you everything."

"That's cause you're mean."

He shrugs. "I know....but well get there tomorrow morning. Anyway--- I'll be asking all the questions. Where did you grow up?"

"In (City)--- it's a quaint area far East from Ergastulum. It was-- at least." A light sigh slips out.

"What happened?"

"I moved." You simply replied. "I haven't thought about that place in so long."

"Why--- Don't you have a family?"

Eyes narrowing, "I do. A sister, mother, and Father---or two."

His brows etch confusedly. "Two fathers? Explain."

"You sure? It's a pretty long story."

"Go on and tell me more." He smirks with interest. "I'd love to hear all about you."

Blinking rapidly, you exhale twiddling your fingers together. "A-alright... Jumping right to the good stuff... Well, I guess this is the truth behind my constant migration. You asked one time and I just evaded it."

Doug sighs. "Don't use fancy words please."

"Okay~" You grin. "In (city) there was this cute little brick building I lived in with my parents. It was in a usually quiet neighborhood and relatively a good place-- for Normals. Tags weren't treated especially bad there, but it could've been better."

He scoffs. "Not much of a surprise."

Shooting a playful glare, you say, "Don't interrupt."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Anyway, my father was abusive and unfaithful to my mother. None of the things ever happened in front of me, but I knew. They put up this incredible act for a long time, but one day--- that guy just up and left. No words. Nothing."

"What a shitty Father... "

"Yeah, but even so-- my mom loved him tons. She was so certain that his behavior was all her doing. Like come on-- you didn't raise that asshole."