fourteen :: fight or flight?

"You're still hung up on your ex?" Danika exclaimed outrageously. 

I stared at my best friend who seemed to take the idea of me still hung up on my ex extremely took it in a whole different level. I made sure my face was deadpan as I continued to look at her, a sheepish expression glued on my face as opposed to her shocked and exaggerated expression. 

"According to Henry, I am still hung up on Dane. He's an expert at these after all" I said, my voice dripped with sarcasm. 

"Oh my gosh! You're still hung up on Dane? I thought you weren't even affected at all?" she said, her hands flew to her mouth and covered it. She looked stunned and surprised as if I just told her I was carrying a puppy inside my tummy. 

"Will you quit that?" I said, annoyed. My best friend's exaggeration had gone to another level as well as her well-prediction. 

"To be honest, I'm getting better at this" she got from my bed and posed, pouting her pink lips and put her left hand on her hip. A giggle burst free from my lips and it turned into laughter as soon as it started. 

"Getting better at what?" I asked between laughs as I grabbed hold of my stomach. It was starting to hurt as I continued to laugh. My best friend posed again but with a different style this time. I didn't know how long we stayed like that, me sitting on my blue linen mattress in a Saturday afternoon and my best friend posing before me who looked incredibly ridiculous and I had a feeling that she too, knew it. 

"I'm really getting better at posing and getting better and better at predicting hung up relationships. If you know what I mean," she flopped back down on my bed and laid her head on my pillows. "So what's the deal with you and your new boyfriend?" she asked, and turned her head to face me. She now looked serious and stern, and I silently preferred her being all silly and playful rather than my best friend turning into a fussing adult like mannered. 

"I don't really know to be honest. The last time that we talked, the last thing that he said was I was still hung up on Dane and I have no idea why the hell he said that" I said, and held up a hand in warning as I realized she was waiting for me to say something more. But I didn't. 

But she just went on ahead with talking anyway. 

"You don't know why he said that," Danika said slowly as if I speak another foreign language, like I didn't understood English. "Any reason why, perhaps? Or maybe he's just jealous or something?"

Jealous? Henry Phillips, jealous? 

"Henry? Jealous of what?" I asked, in the urge of laughing again but I resisted to because Danika looked so serious that I didn't want to break into a fit of giggles just because the idea of Mr. Casanova being jealous made it really sound cheesy and just plain silly.

"Oh, you know. Maybe he's jealous because you're still hung up on your ex and maybe wanted your attention all to himself" she examined her nails, and started to chew on them that by the time she stopped, I knew she would be left with no nails at all by the end of her chewing-nails session.

"Oh for goodness' sake, Danika. Why the hell would he be jealous? It's not like were actually dating, were in a fake relationship, remember?" 

Her eyes widened in awe, her jaw dropped. I started to wonder whether it would unhinge itself and I would had to call an ambulance and get her to the closer hospital to get it back up. Although, I didn't know if that is actually possible. "What?" I asked, looking at her with a funny expression.