twenty four :: his birthday

I was having a massive trouble picking a dress.

    No, scratch that. I was torn between choosing my black tight dress or the other one with polka dots embroidered on it. And my best friend Danika was nowhere in sight. So I decided to ring her. 

     I flopped down on my bed with a thump and reached out on my bedside table to retrieve my phone to call her. Since it seemed like this was an emergency, I decided to speed dial her so it was quicker and efficient. I put my phone on my ear and waited as it rang, I was about to hang-up when she picked up and said in a very cheerful voice "Hello!"

     "Hey, Danika. It's me, Leona" I said, in a way of greeting. 

     "Sup, babe. So what's up?" she asked, and I could hear people talking in the background.

     "I think I have issues" I confided, and frowned. Did I just say I had issues? Like some mental girl who seemed to have problems just because she couldn't pick a dress to wear at her boyfriend's Huge birthday party? I scolded myself and was about to explain that I didn't meant how it had sounded. Or how it had come out of my mouth.

    "You have issues. Oh honey, I know you do. Although, I didn't realize it would be that bad" Danika supplied, now her voice sounded a bit muffled. She must be eating something. Chocolate probably.

    I scoffed, although it was quite useless considering that she wasn't here to see. "I didn't mean like that."

    "That's how it sounded though," she said.

    "I know, but do you think you're able to help me?" I asked in a small voice.

    "Maybe. Depends on the problem, you see, I don't think I'll be able to help you or give you an advice if you were to tell me you're pregnant" 

     I felt heat crept up my cheeks. How dare she humiliate me!

    "Danika! Be serious" I said, my voice had risen in an octave.

    "I am, man! Now tell me, did you actually had kinky, monkey sex with Henry already?" her voice sounded serious and not to mention it had that curious prodding sound with it.

    Another flare of heat shot up to my pale cheeks.

    Silence.

   I was getting uncomfortable as the silence dragged on.

   Then I had finally gotten over with my reverie. 

   And blushed even more.

   "Danika!" I said, my voice sounded scolding. "Don't say that!" 

    I had the urge to look around me to see no one had heard her say those words. Unoccupied. Phew! No singlings' lurking around like some strange stalker. 

     "What? Haven't you had a moved on yet?" she prodded, a tease interlaced with her tone.

    "You know I'm not ready for that! We're just taking things slowly...." I trailed, wondering what the hell I was talking about. Henry had never brought the subject up with me. And thank goodness for that.

     "Alright, alright Miss-little-virgin-that-I-am. So what's the deal with you?" my best friend asked. 

     And a loud smacked burst out of nowhere. 

     I nearly jumped out of my skin, and I had to look around to ensure no one was in my room. Then where did that smacking came from? Only it didn't exactly sounded like a smack; not the kind I thought it was, but more like a bubble gum smacking.