Chapter Fifty: Saints & Angels

My heart stops
When you look at me
Just one touch
Now baby I believe
This is real
So take a chance and
Don't ever look back,

Katy Perry – Teenage Dream

Don was sitting on the couch, flicking through the channels on the TV when Grace got home from the doctor's appointment she'd managed to schedule. Doctor McCormick had confirmed everything Grace had suspected. She was two months pregnant with Don's child, it was happy and healthy as far as the doctor could tell. Grace had been more than a little relieved to hear that news, it had settled her mind thankfully. It made the next few steps easier.

Don tilted his head towards her taking in Grace's small smile as she stepped through the door.

"You look happy." he commented drily.

Grace understood the meaning behind those words. He meant considering their day off had been ruined and they had been working the case of a child gunned down in the street. There still hadn't been a happy ending yet. Sam and his mother were spending the night at the hospital with Nicky. Despite the fact the fourteen year old boy had pulled through the surgery, he still hadn't awoken. Grace prayed it was just a matter of time.

Grace stepped towards the sofa, dropping her handbag on the floor followed by her jacket. She was wearing that fitted long black blouse he liked. It hugged her feminine curves but fell past her hips hiding her badge and weapon when they were out in the street. It looked even better when she wasn't wearing any jeans. Those pale toned thighs looked glorious clad in absolutely nothing at all.

Don couldn't help but smile as at the grin on his wife's features. He was happy to see her, ecstatic even. She always had made a way of making him feel better no matter what had happened during the day. Don leaned back on the couch, watching her through hooded lids as he felt himself beginning to stir in his jeans. It still astounded Don that she had that power over him, one smouldering look and he was already rock hard, craving her touch.

Grace slid into his lap, her knees were on either side of his hips as their pelvis nudged together. Don tipped his head back moaning as Grace arched her hips slightly causing a delicious amount of friction between their jeans. His hands were in her hair, fingers combing through the silky strands as her lips descended on the curve of his throat, licking and sucking that one spot on the curve of his neck that drove him absolutely insane. Grace rotated her hips as Don thrust upwards into her clothed form as heat and need flushed through every single one of his nerve endings.

"Remember that conversation from this morning?" she asked him practically breathless.

Don gripped her dark hair tightly in his fist guiding her head back to expose her pale throat. His teeth grazed the hollow of her tender skin as he spoke against it, his warm breath caressing the underside of her jaw lovingly.

"You want to make a baby?" Don murmured as his tongue teased the spot underneath her earlobe making Grace cry out in anticipation at the sensation.

"We already did." Grace told him, her voice husky as his hands undid the first button of her blouse and then the second to reveal her cleavage.

Don drew back in order to study her face intently as Grace laced her fingers at the back of his neck unwilling to break the connection between them.

"I did another test when I got back from the hospital. I had one left over from a few weeks ago. The doctor confirmed I'm two months pregnant." Grace said softly, struggling to gauge his reaction.

A grin highlighted Don's handsome features as he pressed his forehead against Grace's looking straight into that beautiful grey gaze. His firm hands cupped her delicate cheekbones as his nose trailed down along the length of her own.