Finding Out

Laurie's Pov: I am currently on my way to my sister's house for a girly day but I don't feel all that great.

I woke up this morning with a little bit of nausea but I didn't throw up so I am hoping that it goes away before I get to my sister's house.

I woke up this morning and I felt nauseous but I didn't throw up so I am hoping that it ends up being acid reflux.

I quickly made it to my sister's house and she was making eggs and something about that smell had me running to the bathroom with Jelysa right behind me.

After throwing up and brushing my teeth I was faced with my older sisters questions and look of concern and worry.

That's when it clicked. I am late.

Jelysa's Pov: When Laurie started throwing up the first thing that popped into my head was is she pregnant.

Laurie and I are currently sitting down on the couch in my living room and I want to know what is going on.

" Laurie, Do you think that it could be possible that you are pregnant?" I ask my little sister

" Possibly, my period is late but I thought that it was due to stress" She tells me

" Okay we are going to go get a pregnancy test and if you are pregnant then we will figure it out" I tell Laurie and we head to the car to go buy a pregnancy test

45 minutes later

We got back to my house after buying a pregnancy test and Laurie went to the bathroom to take the test.

I am very nervous about what the test and what it will say but I can't imagine what Laurie is feeling right now.

After what felt like a lifetime Laurie walked out of the bathroom holding the test in her hand and tears streamed down her face. Now I am really nervous.

" Laurie, What does the test say?" I ask my little sister nervously

" It's Positive" She tells me as a smile spreads across her face

" Are those happy tears?" I ask Laurie

" Yes, I couldn't be any happier than I am right now" She tells me and we hug

We made an appointment for the baby tomorrow but now we have to tell our parents and brother.

I hope and pray that they accept this baby because if they don't I know that it would crush Laurie.

Laurie and I arrived at our parents house to tell them about the baby and I can tell Laurie is really nervous.

We walk inside the house and we see our parents in the living room watching the news with Marcus.

" Mom, Dad Marcus, We have something to tell you" Laurie tells them

" Laurie, What is it?" Mom asks Laurie

" I am pregnant" She tells them

The reaction that we received was completely different than we expected. They pulled Laurie into a hug and were smiling ear to ear.

" Wait, Your not mad about me being pregnant?" Laurie asks them with disbelief evident in her voice

" Laurie, You are 20 years old. You are going to make an amazing mom" Our mom tells Laurie

Laurie's Pov: I am pregnant and I couldn't be happier.

I told my parents about the baby and they are really happy and excited .

We are talking about what my plans are for when the baby gets here.

" Are you going to tell Val about the Baby?" My dad asks me

" No" I tell them

My family looks at me like I have gone completely insane.

" Val and Mak's are going on a summer tour and it is completely sold out and I know that if I told Val about the baby that he would give his career and everything that he has worked for " I tell them

My family tells me that they will respect my decision but they necessarily agree with it.