Chapter 50: Dress Shop Stalling

"Yay!" Lucilla cheers in excitement as we walk down the streets on the side of the realm that wasn't attacked, "I can't wait to pick out a nice dress!"

"Why?" Blaze raises a brow, "So Rune will see it? The ball is open to all of the realms, you know."

"N--No!" Lucilla stammers and crosses her arms as we walk down the sidewalk, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Then why are you blushing?" Blaze smirks and Lucilla puts her hands over her ears.

"Shut up!" Lucilla shouts and blushes further.

"Hey, look," I say as we round a corner and a shop with a glass window that has gold and black letters scrawling out the name of the shop on it, "I think this is it."

The four of us enter the shop and the lady at the counter smiles at us and waves. I look around the store to see several racks of dresses lined up, as well as racks that spin and ones that are just in rows. The store itself has light brown wooden floors, a floral arrangement on the checkout counter, and lights that hang from the ceiling and illuminate the room. An array of dresses rest on the racks and Amorette gasps as she gazes out at them.

"They're all so pretty!" Amorette says and runs over to the nearest rack.

"Oh, and girls," The sales woman at the counter calls out to us, "There is a new shipment of dresses that just came in. They're off to the right and there's some in the back of the store too. They're by a famous designer who enhances her dresses with magic so that they get a little extra flare to them, depending on who the wearer is. Have fun shopping!"

"Thanks!" Lucilla calls back to the lady as we examine the racks for dresses.

Amorette grabs a few dresses off of the racks and so does Lucilla. I keep looking around for dresses that I really like as Blaze sighs and mutters about not being able to find anything because she isn't fond of dresses.

"You'll find something, Blaze," I say and try to cheer her up.

She shakes her head and sighs before coming to a halt and she reaches out for a dress before taking it in her hands and smiling slightly. She makes her way over to the changing rooms with the others and I stand there sighing, not knowing which dress to pick. I gather several different types and styles of dresses in my arms before going off to the changing rooms with the others. I go into the fourth changing room and try on the first dress, which is a long, blue and black strapless ballgown with lace on the top that goes to the waist. I exit the changing room and find that the others are already changed. Blaze's dress is a magically enhanced mermaid cut gown that's black up top with orange close to the trim, and then the black fades into oranges at the bottom of the dress. Her dress has flames swirling around the bottom of it and she looks down at it and smiles. Meanwhile, Amorette also grabbed a magically enhanced dress, which has straps and a v-cut neckline that swoops down and the dress itself is a deep purple with silver pieces of glitter scattered around it and a sash made out of lightning. Lucilla giggles and looks down at her light blue dress, which is short, strapless, and has a silver belt around it.

"All of you look nice," I smile and they all smile back at me.

"I really like this dress," Blaze says and Amorette nods.

"I like mine too," Amorette says.

"I'm going to go try on another one," Lucilla says and heads back into her changing room.

"Me too," I say and head back into my changing room."

I put the dress back on the hanger and try on a second one, which is a strapless ballroom gown that's not extremely puffy, but still considered a ballroom gown, and it's black with green and blue layers in the skirt part of the dress and gems are adorned on the top half of the dress. After putting it on the skirt layers of the dress burn with blue and green flames and I smile. I exit the changing room and Amorette gasps while Blaze smirks.