Chapter 19: The Notebook

BREANNA’S POV

After the kiss I couldn’t sleep, I so badly wanted Liam in my presence. I wonder if he feels the same?

The time is 1am and I haven’t slept a wink. I decide to go down stairs and put on The Notebook which was the first movie that Liam and I watched together alone and I remember everything that happened that night. I remember that Liam didn’t even watch the movie but instead he watched me. Every time that I watch that movie it’s like the first time I watch it all over again.

I wish Liam was here with me. Maybe I should call him.

LIAM’S POV

After Harry left, which was at about 8pm, Niall and I continued to talk about Breanna.

“If it wasn’t for the fans would you go after her in a heartbeat?” He asks seriously.

“Of course I would.” I reply and cross my legs on the couch and he nods.

“I still would now.” I murmur and for a second I don’t think that Niall heard me.

“Then what are you still doing here?!” He questions with a cheeky smile.

“I don’t know!” I say and throw a pillow at him. “Maybe I will go around tomorrow.”

Niall rolls his eyes and answers his phone. He gets up from the couch and moves into his room. What am I still doing here? I should be holding Breanna in my arms but I know that that will never happen because I know what that will bring.

It’s now almost 1am and I still haven’t slept, I keep replaying the kiss over and over in my head. I just want it to happen again and again and again.

My phone lights up my dark room and I roll over to check it. Breanna. The name it’s self brings a smile to my face. I unlock my phone and read the text.

Breanna: Want to come over? I can’t sleep.

Me: Yeah same, be there in 15 :)       

Breanna: Awesome! Text me when you get here

I quickly write a note to Niall just in case I don’t come back and I leave to go to Breanna’s. It is probably the longest 15 minute drive I have ever taken, but to keep my mind occupied I go over how I plan to greet Bree.

“Hey Bree!” No too boring.

“Hey! How come you couldn’t sleep?” That might have to do.

“Hey!” Oh yeah Liam, very original.

Before I know it I am at texting Breanna to say that I am waiting in my car, and the lights inside and the ones outside flick on and the front door opens. I get out of my car and I see her grin when she spots me.

“Hey Liam.” She says blushing, she looks so cute in her owl pyjamas.

“Hey! You look really cute.” I say and wink and she giggles. I did not expect to say that but I guess I can’t take it back now.

“Come in.” She says and opens the door wider for me.

As we walk down the hallway I see the lights flickering from the lounge room and as we get closer I hear sounds so I guess she is playing a movie or something.

BREANNA’S POV

“We don’t have to watch it if you don’t want to.” I say when we get into the view of the television.

“The Notebook right?” He asks with a small smile and I nod. “Cool, lets watch it.”

I start the movie again and when I sit back down Liam pulls me into him, I rest my head against his chest and I smile up at him and he returns the smile. It’s like the first time we watched it. Liam watches me and I watch the movie like it’s the first time watching it but this time we don’t fall asleep. I look up at him and his stares intently into my eyes. He wipes away the tears with the pad of his thumb and kisses my forehead.

“Hi.” I smile.

“Hi.” He says back and leans in for a kiss.

Our lips connect and it’s like the first time again and my breath catches in my throat. His hand cups my cheek and I grab onto his shoulder with my free hand. Our lips overlap, my top lip gets captured between his lips and my heart beat increases rapidly. His breath is a little minty but it’s not overpowering. When he pulls away I feel cold and empty, it’s now that I realise that I need him in my life.

“I need you in my life Liam.” I whisper.

“Me too.” He replies and kisses me again this time with a little more force and hunger. I get up onto my knees and he does the same. My hands find their way to his neck and his grab my waist pulling me closer. He leaves a trail of kisses on my jaw line and down my neck and I moan in response to his gentle touch. He makes his way back up my neck and his lips find mine once again. Our heated kiss ends too quickly.

“Liam?” I whisper and leave a kiss on shoulder as I lay my head in his lap.

“Mmm?”

“What are we?” I ask scared to hear the answer.

“I don’t know.” He replies after a second.

***

I wake up to someone’s phone ringing. But who’s? I look up and see Liam’s face light up when he sees me.

“Is that yours?” I ask smiling and he nods.

He apologises and answers the call.

“Did you not read the note? …Oh well I think so… I don’t know!… Yeah I plan to… See ya later.” He ends the call and puts his phone on the coffee table.

“Who was that?” I question.

“Oh it was Niall, he was wondering where I was. He also asked if we were… ya know… together.” He replies embarrassed.

“Did you tell him we were?” I smirk and a happy smile replaces his embarrassed one.

“Really?” He asks surprised.

“Really.” I say and kiss him on the cheek.