Chapter 22

My breathing intensifies as tree blue past me. I look around while running to no where in particular. I'm just running. Running to wherever my legs take me. Away from them. Away from the house. Away from the beatings. Away from the hurting. Away from him.

It was only a week. One week I was stuck in that hellhole of a place. Tears stream down my face, remembering.

Hurt. Words. Starving. Beaten. Emotionless. Alone.

Worthless. Bitch. Whore. Slut.

Broken.

All those words. Ones I've been called and now I even think of myself as. I can't. I can't anymore. These people have made me feel worthless. Useless. Nothing but a germ who can only do bad. The only thing I can do right, is clean. Clean his house. Cook his food. Make him feel good. I just can't anymore. I give up. I give up on hope. I give up on dreams. I give up on happiness. I give up on love.

I give up on life.

What can I do for the world? I'm just the one person in the world who will do nothing. I can't help anything or anyone around me. I'm done.

If I died, would anyone care? I mean, who would? My mate? He wouldn't care. The people? They wouldn't care. Him? The only thing hurting him about me dying is that I couldn't do things for him. Make him feel good. He doesn't really care about me. The only thing he cares about, is himself.

I don't notice I'm laying on the ground, crying, until I return from the dreadful thoughts. I cry. And cry. And cry.

I gasp as I feel myself being shaken. "Jen." Daniel says in a sweet voice. "Finally! You were staring into space. You wouldn't talk for an hour! You were crying and breathing heavily. What happened?" She asks bringing me to a comforting hug. I wrap my arms around his neck and bury my head in his chest.

"I don't know. I was just sitting here and then... I had this awful feeling, I was running away from something, or someone." I bury my head deeper into his warm chest, if it's even possible.

"You were right here the whole time." Daniel explains. "You think it was a flashback?" He asks. I shake my head.

"More like a vision." I whisper. Chewy runs up into my arms. I cradle him in my arms as Daniel cradles me.

~Later in the day~

"Tag!" One of the pack children yell as they tap my shoulder. I laugh as I chase after her. Her name is Riley. I have been getting pretty close with her lately. The rest of the pack children ignore her. Her parents died while on patrol right after she was born. I instantly felt bad for her not being able to grow up with parents. I run up behind her and pick her up. I spin her around in the air. She giggles and spreads her arms out like she's flying. I set her down and and kiss her on the forehead.

"How about you go inside and eat?" I suggest as I see the sun starting to go down signaling that it's around 6 o'clock.

"But Jenna!" She wines. I am about to tell her to go to the house again until I hear something whistling through the air and a faint ticking. I look at the tree line to see a grenade flying through the air. It lands not too far from us.

"RILEY! RUN INSIDE NOW!" I yell as I sprint over to the ticking grenade and slide over to it. 10 seconds. I disable it as quickly as I can. I finally disabled it as it had only 2 seconds left. I sigh. My eyebrows furrow as I see a white paper, with works covering the whole page, attached to the now non-dangerous grenade. I rip the paper off and read it...

Hey Jenna! Hope you liked my surprise! If you this was bad... well... it's gonna get a hell of a lot worse. Wars waging your way. You can't hide behind that pack of yours forever. Even your mate can't protect you from this one sweetie. Hope you don't die so I can personally kill you myself!

        ~The one who killed your parents [Henry]

I run inside to see Riley sitting on the couch being cuddled by my loving mate.

"What's wrong Ry?" I ask her as I begging to walk toward her.

"Jen!" She yells and jumps on me causing me to stagger backward. I laugh and hold her up. My Mate comes up to me with a questioning look. I sigh and hand him the note. He growls and stomps out of the house right as he is finished reading the note.

"What's wrong with Danny?" Riley asks with a genuine look of wonder and concern plastered over her small 7 year old face.

"He's angry. Just let him blow off some st-" I am cut off by the sound of breaking glass and a wall being punched so hard it breaks. Pack members flood into the spacious living room in order to find out the disturbance.

"The Alpha is just angry. I'll go check on him. Return to your normal activities." I tell the pack. They nod and return to their activities.

"Hey Ry, can you go to bed for me?" I ask her nicely as I set her down.

"Fine! Night Jen!" He says loudly and kisses my cheek while in still bent down. I kiss her forehead as she runs up the stairs. I sigh and walk into the kitchen where Daniel is on his rampage. I gasp as I see the kitchen... but it doesn't look like the kitchen anymore. I feel a presence behind me. I quickly turn around to be face to face with an enraged Daniel. I grab his hand. It calms him down only the slightest bit. I drag him out to the car and we drive a little ways to our house.

As we get into our room I feel Daniels lips slam against mine. I pushes me over to the bed. He gently sets me down on the bed, never breaking out of the kiss for a second.

Les just say, last night was a good night filled with a surprise. Like some people say, angry sex is the best sex. But now I can say, I'm fully mated with the love of my life.

AUTHORS NOTE:

I'm writing another book. It is a werewolf book but it does have human parts to it. If your interested, PM me and I'll fill you in. Thanks, bye.