7 Live wire

I woke up unusually early for a Sunday morning. My new lease on life is going to start today . I put on some jeans and a shirt and tie my hair on the top of my head. I take in my appearance in my full length mirror . I guess I forgot how young I actually look when I dont have make up on. I actually have a sweet love heart shaped face. You would think butter wouldn't melt. Those who truly knew me knew different. No one really knew me though, not really.

I caught the bus to town and called my friends to meet me. For the first time ever I was out shopping in the mall with my friends like any other teenager.We linked arms as we looked in the windows of the stores. I actually had money in my purse that I could spend. It was a great feeling.

"So what are we buying?" Gina asked.

I simply replied "everything"

My home was still bare of any personality and my dresser was void of nice clothes. The only things I had spent my spare money on were underwear and shoes for work. It was time I started enjoying my money.

We giddily shopped the whole morning, I bought clothes, shoes,make up and jewellery. I spent a small fortune in those few hours. It seemed so alien spending money like it was nothing. Money had always been right so it was a big change.

"how about we get manicures and pedicures, my treat" I offered. It was totally out of character for me as I never had money to share before but I was enjoying their company and I didn't want it to end.

Gina rolled her eyes but Fiona begged her to agree. We sat in the nail bar and were pampered. It was amazing how much better you could feel when you had nice nails. I chose stiletto shaped nails with a fire truck red Polish. I dumped my many bags in my car and waved off the girls, they had to go home for their weekly family lunch. I envied them, I would give anything to have a family. I guess I did have family out there but I didn't know where. I definitely had a dad but I didn't care about him.

I wandered back in the mall and saw an expensive looking hair salon.
"why the fuck not" I said to myself. I deserved to be who I wanted to be. I had always envied Fiona's blonde locks so I decided to go for it.

I sat in the chair and asked the man to make me look sexy. After a few hours of dying and curling he didn't let me down. My long hair was now a honey blonde colour, there were lighter blonde highlights running through it. My hair was fantastically done , it was so good that no one would have ever known I wasn't a natural blonde. The big blonde curls fell perfectly on my back. I felt so different it was just what I had needed.

"wow you really take instruction well" I joked as I admired my new hair. I pushed my fingers through my luscious locks.

"the colour will need touching up at least every month" Francois said as he fluffed my hair.

"Francois I will be here every weekend, you're a miracle worker" the honey colour against my dark brown eyes looked perfect.

It was true he really could work miracles, the young angelic girl who had left that morning no longer existed . I look like a woman now. I looked like the woman I felt like inside.

-----------

Marie was sitting on the bottom of my stairs with her grandson Drew when I returned they didn't recognise me until I spoke. I hadn't realised that I looked that different.

"Emily is that really you" Marie joked.

" you look fucking hot" drew said loudly, earning him a stern look from his nan.

Marie slapped Drew around his ear. Marie was stern and didn't approve of bad language. Marie was a good god fearing woman but more than that she had a big heart. I adored that woman. I hoped her family appreciated her.