48 Broken glass

Donnie would be celebrating his birthday in style this year. I had booked out the burlesque club I had visited a month earlier. I had invited everyone but with it being such short notice only a few were actually able to attend. I invited the crew and contestants from the show as I got on with everyone well. I had ordered a large chocolate cake and peanut butter cupcakes, they were donnies favourite. I had paid for 5 of the female performers to do their acts as well as a fire breather and a comedian.

Donnie had no idea what we were planning, Donnie and buck went to meet Fred at the airport while I sorted the final details of the party.

Buck was going back to Boston at the end of the week with his son but he kept insisting he wanted to stay in Vegas and live in the assisted living complex with his old buddy.

Fred hated the idea of buck living so far away but he had to let buck do what he wanted.

I called the Armani store and checked the dress I had ordered had arrived, luckily it had so I left to pick it up. I had ordered a floor length green silk dress , it was sexy yet classy. I had arranged for a make up artist and hair stylist to come to my hotel room before we headed to the party.

I dropped roxy off at the doggie spa where she would be spending the night, I hated to think of my dog being alone all night so it seemed like the best option.

When I arrived back at the hotel the three most important men in my life were all sat at the hotel bar drinking and watching sports.

"Hi Emily , have you booked a table for donnies birthday lunch" Fred asked as I sat with them.

"Yeah , it's a nice place so you all need to wear tuxedos" I replied

"I thought you were throwing him a party" buck asked. I looked at him wide eyed willing him to stop talking.

"No dad that was last year were just going for a meal tonight" Fred said quickly his eyes mirroring mine.

Buck looked confused "no this morning Emily said we had to keep Donnie busy so she could sort the last things out for the party"

Donnie laughed loudly at his grandads blunder "so where's my party" he asked.

"At that club with all the red lights" buck replied.

I was glaring at him, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. A months hard work down the drain. I specifically told buck that it was a surprise but I couldn't be angry with him.

"Dad , remember it was a surprise party" Fred said as he burst out laughing. 

"Oh yeah , sorry " buck said though his voice seemed less than sincere.

"So now you know your having a party at a club I will just tell you it's formal dress. There's a tux for each of you upstairs" I told Donnie. Donnie pulled me into his arms and nuzzled at my neck.

"What time should we be dressed then kid" Donnie asked as he moved his lips from me. I was almost melting against his touch , no one could affect me like my husband could. Every time Donnie touched me I could feel electric shooting through my body.

"Were leaving at 8 " I whispered breathlessly.

I soaked myself in a boiling hot bath , I lit aromatherapy candles and relaxed. I turned my music loud and just let the world go by.  I jumped as I felt strong hands rest on my shoulders, I would recognise those hands anywhere. I leant into donnies hands , his hands expertly massaged me.

I moaned as his fingers dug into the knot in my shoulder blades.

"Does that feel good" Donnie said suggestively.