3

Matt is gone, leaving only a faint trail of his sent in the air and on my body.

I blink a few times to adjust my eyes to the light of the lamp. I am cold and alone, and I feel really small in this giant room.

The sheets are rumpled and the floor is cold.

The clock on the night table says it's 1:00 a.m. We have been in this room for almost three hours, talking and making out. I should have take off the blindfold and see his face. Now it's too late.

I put on my blue pants, my white shirt and the blue vest. I know, I am kind of an old fashioned man, but I can't help it, I love vests.

I grab my phone and my watch and I find my away out, leaving the memory of Matt's sweet caresses in the room.

The streets are quite and the sky above my head is dark blue. I get in the car and start the engine. The radio comes back to life and Adele's voice flows in the air, rocking my heavy thoughts.

The car skies on the streets, leaving behind bare trees and closed shops. I feel the wind tickling my face and a shiver runs across my spine when my mind goes to Matt and his soft lips.

I am an idiot! A giant idiot! Why? Why am I so stupid when comes to men? I act always like this. Like an afraid virgin. I should be more bold. Josh is happy with is blonde w**re, screwing like bunnies. Instead, I am stuck here with his memories.

I breath deeply and I park in front of my apartment. I look up to my window and see the light on. This can mean only one thing: my sister is here, waiting for me. I rub my face in frustration. Maybe I should stay in the car, show up in the morning and lie to her. But I will freeze during the night. Also someone could come and kill me.

I shake my head and walk trough the building. This can't be that bad. I am a man, a free man, with a broken heart and she is my sister, not my owner. I have the damn right to choose if and when have sex, and especially with who.

I enter in my small apartment and I find her laying on the red sofa watching some stupid show, and wearing one of my pajamas with dolphins. There are empty boxes of chinese food and beers on the coffee table.

I go in the kitchen, trying to avoid her judging look. I pour myself a glass of water and I hear heavy steps approaching from the door, like a solemn march .

"What are you doing here?" she asks suspicious.

"Well...this is my house. So, what do you think?". I put on an obvious 'duh' expression, hoping that it'll work.

I place the empty glass in the sink and walk for my life with a cool attitude, leaving her doubtful frown behind.

I go in the bathroom and lock the door. I take a quick shower and his sent fade away from my tired body, just like a sweet dream.

When I reach my room, she is sitting on my bed with a stern look and a wrinkle just in the middle of her forehead inherited from our mother, along with the red hair and the green eyes. Me, I am a small copy of my father.

"I need to sleep" I say jumping on the bed, waiting for her to leave.

"You chickened out, didn't you?".

I set the alarm on my phone even if I don't have work tomorrow, trying to play it cool and not answering her question.

"I can't believe it. We organized a fantastic night for you and you wasted it. Why?". She was angry and her cheeks have started to became red like a ripe tomato. It is kind of funny, but also scary. She wants an answer, a good one.