29

"So, your family hates me."

"I guess so. They are protective towards me. Especially after Josh."

"They think I am going to treat you like Josh?" he asks disappointed. "Have I ruined everything?"

"Because they don't like you?" I squeeze his hand, trailing my finger on his multiples cuts and scars.

"Do you hate me too?" he questions way too serious.

"Because you were scared to meet my family?"

"I wasn't scared," he defends himself, and I hum. "You know I don't like people. They judge me all the time, and I didn't want to be scrutinized by your family too." He pauses for a moment, and after pecking my cheek, he keeps going. "I know I am not the best boyfriend, but if they don't know me they can't remark my inadequacy."

"You are just perfect for me. And by the way, why do you care so much?"

"It is your family."

"Well, I am going to tell you a secret: It's their job not to like you. Especially for my mother and aunt. No one would be good enough for me."

"They are right," he states, and I punch his stomach because he can't agree with them. In this way, my only solution would be to become a monk.

"So you will leave me because I am too perfect?"

"I can't. I am selfish." He mutters grinning and lying towards me for a kiss, but I turn around my face, avoiding his lips.

"You can't kiss me."

"Are you still mad?"

I arch my brows. "Still?"

"Sorry. I know I acted like a jerk, but you have to give me a chance to make amend."

"Kissing me?"

"If you let me, I am going to win your forgiveness."

"With kisses?"

"Showing my love for you."

"With your lips."

"And my tongue, and my hands, and others parts of my body."

"Find another way."I look at his frustrated face and force myself to not fall for his charm. "You can start telling me where you went after leaving my parent's house."

He produces a few loud puffs, out of frustration. "I went to a bar for a couple of beers."

"And the beer gave you the courage to come back?"

"The beer cleared my mind," he explains and starts to play with the skin on my belly, pinching it tenderly. "Can I kiss you now?"

"And after drink beer, what else you did?"

"Can I kiss you now?"

"Answer my question first, and then, we will see."

"I hang out with some friends."

"Do you have friends?" I ask, surprised by this new information. He never mentioned friends. He always talked about Erik and himself. No friends.

"Don't look at me like that. I have friends."

"But, I don't know anything about them."

"I met them in prison."

"Tell me about these people than."