10

No waiting or ditching this time.

Matt sent me a message a few minutes ago, telling me that he is coming.

I sigh in relief, reading his words.

I run to the bathroom to brush my teeth; and when I collect my stuff, finally, I leave. This morning, I had another fight with the idiot of the principal about two students, who were kissing in the corridor. I saw how he grabbed the two kids from the arms and dragged them out of the school, yelling harsh words.

I couldn't stay still, because, as always, he was abusing his power.

I know really well that students shouldn't kiss at school, but we can deal with them in some other way. If you throw them out, they will do stupid things, ruining their future even more. The hours they spend at school are their safe heaven. And we should use these hours at the best; not giving up only because, it's a hell of a job, trying to change them.

I explained this to him, hoping that he would rethink about the suspension; but, he is a d**k head and acts just like one.

He looked at me with his round, small, eyes, full of rage and said: "They need to learn, and you should, too," then he went to his office, letting the three of us out of the school's doors. For a second, I went back to my days in high school, when I had problems with my teachers, and most of the time, I felt misunderstood.

Letting go this unpleasant memory, I go out to find Matt on his motorcycle, with a red helmet placed on the tank, and a cigarette between his lips. A mischievous smile appears on his mouth when he sees me. "Hey."

"Hi." I wave at him, still observing the beautiful figure in front of me, absorbing every detail with interest.

He finishes his cigarette; and I take two steps toward him, reducing the distance between us. "Can we go?"

Matt studies my look: the navy blue pants, the white shirt, the suspenders, the cardigan, and the bow tie; then he shakes his head still smiling. "You are a teacher, indeed," he states.

I give him a light slap on his shoulder. "What do you mean? Don't you like my look?" I like this kind of outfits, and I don't see why I shouldn't wear it. He is the bad boy, and I am the old one.

"I am just saying that you look like a teacher inside and outside. Plus, I like the geek style," he says, laughing heartily.

"Hey, this isn't geek style," I pout, slapping him harder this time. "This is old style," I state firmly.

He nods, with a smirk on his handsome face and gives me the helmet. "Let's go."

I jump in the back, put my arms around his waist, and my chin on his shoulder, inhaling his strong scent.

*****

After ten minutes of riding, we stop in front of a drugstore. Matt gets down and takes off his helmet. "I need to buy something for Erik. He's sick," he explains.

"Oh, this is why he didn't come to school this morning."

He nods and enters the store, and a few minutes later, we are again on the road, hitting through Matt's house. I am a bit nervous to go to his place, but Erik needs the medication for his flu; so, I calm down and act normal. At the end, we are just friends. Even though, I am concerned about Erik and how he could get the news.

We reach an old building, in the part east of the town. It's not far away from my apartment, and the street is almost like mine: big, stuffed with red brick buildings, and bare trees.