8

The first hour of the class has passed and we are having a break of twenty minutes. I usually don't give break that long, but for our first lesson it's a good thing; especially for them, that need to know each other and start to work together.

Erik sits quietly in the chair near my desk and has the eyes locked on the phone; every now and then he raises his gaze to look around to make sure we are still in the room.

I go near to him and clap my hands to get his attention. "Hey...the break has started. Do you want a coffee?"

"Thanks," he simply says.

"Thanks what?" I ask, raising my brows. I am a bit frustrated with his attitude.

Finally, he puts down his phone and looks at me. "I am thanking you for the coffee," he says innocently.

"You know what? Take the money, go and buy the coffee. I'll stay here with the students." I just realized that I am spoiling him too much only because he is Matt's brother. It's a sad thing to admit to myself, but I can't keep going like this. I need to remember that he is my student and I have to treat him in the same way I treat the others.

"Why?" Erik barks, "You offered me the coffee."

"I gave you money, meaning: I am offering."

He stands up a walk through the wooden door, not spearing even a glance to the people in the room. I sigh for his behavior and also for mine.

Moments later, two students come to me, asking a few questions about the program. They are two guys about twenty years old. The way they move and talk, seem almost twins. But they affirm that aren't related by blood; just best friends and that they come in this city together, to reach their dream. I find this two guys just adorable, with their blonde hair and green eyes, and the way they look at each other when they speak as if they need the approval and the security from the other to keep going, makes my heart melt.

I answer every question in Spanish, in this way, they can understand better and I can see smiles of relief on their sweet faces. With my words, they feel assured from the quality of the course and the goals they can achieve with hard work and my help. One of them tells me that he needs to improve fast because he wants to find a job as a cooker in some restaurant. He learned how to cook when he was young thanks to his parents that have a small restaurant in his hometown, but he wants to learn how to cook French and Italian cuisine, and became a great chef.

I am touched by his dream and I hope for all my students to have this kind of goals in life. The good ones, that make them work hard and don't lose faith.

We talk until Erik interrupts us with two words: "The coffee," he inform, almost throwing the cup on my face.

I grab my coffee and smell the aroma. "Thanks," I reply with a smile, even if he is acting like a jerk. But in this moment, I can't make a scene in front of the whole class; also I know him very well and if I scold him, he will erupt like a volcano against me. "Erik, these are José and Brian."

"Hi," the two guys say shyly, while Erik nods faintly with his head and takes a noisy sip from his cup. He is really charming sometimes. If he is upset, he makes sure that everyone in the room knows it.

"We have another ten minutes, you can show them the school," I suggest, knowing really well to increase his bad mood.

"Fine," he grunts and stars to march out of the class, without paying attention to the two guys. Now I feel sorry for them. He can act like a real beast sometimes.