Fourteen 》Growing Pains (Celeo Ember)

...
Four am. That was the ugly hour that I got kicked right in the ribs. My little soccer players were up and moving around in my womb. Beside me Abebrum slept peacefully his breathing soft and light as it fell on my ears. He looked far to peaceful to wake up, so I left him to sleep. I'm sure he would be pissed in the morning to find out I got up at four am and didn't wake him up too. Honestly though he deserved to sleep much longer because he was always on the go an I rarely saw him get enough sleep. My wobble down the stairs took a few moments longer then I wanted and I made far more thumping then I wanted to. I was honestly surprised I didn't wake up zee.

I sat down on the couch and flicked on the TV. I figured by normal standards I would have a good few hours before Abebrum and zee woke up. There really wasn't much on TV at four besides the news and some late night shopping channels.

However I managed to find something worth watching on one of the cartoon channels. I watched cartoons until the sun started to peak threw the curtains. Coffee was calling for me. Warm and loving coffee. I wobbled to the kitchen and flicked on the machine adding the required scoop of coffee grounds.

The machine started to brew my loving coffee. The scent of coffee hung thick in the air, and the sound of footsteps down the stairs had me internally cursing myself out.

"Your up early love, how come?" Abebrum said yawning slightly at the end of his sentence.

"I couldn't sleep after the boys decided to play soccer with my poor ribs." I mumbled waiting for the sweet beeping of the coffee machine.

Abebrum walked closer and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling my back flush against his chest. His hands danced around on my skin leaving sparks and tingles. After a while his hands began to rub my baby bump. The boys respond almost immediately with tiny kicks and movements. He kissed my shoulder and released me from his  arms just as the coffee machine started beeping.

"Go sit, I'll bring you your coffee my lovely mate."

I raised my eyebrow at him but walked over to the table and sat down. He brought the coffees over not to long after. I pulled my coffee to my mouth just seconds after he set it down in front of me. I took a deep sip of the strong liquid aliveness, it seemed to wakeup everyone of my nerves and cells.

I let out a sigh of relief as the coffee took to waking me up. I was no doubt going to have the jitters later but that was just a side effect that I could look over. Coffee was just to great to passover at the ass crack of dawn.

My new little ones had settled down and were no longer kicking my ribs and bladder. Aside from the tiny brief kicks and movements I didnt have much more movement from the babies.

------------------------------

Zee woke up in a terrible mood, he refused to eat his breakfast, refused to take his bath and refused to nap.

Zee and I were looking eye to eye as he screamed from his crib.

"Zee baby it's nap time please go Nini"

He started to scream louder and louder and then he started to scream Dada. Well dada is at work. Frustrated I left the bedroom grabbing one of the baby monitors and woddled down the stairs and sat in the couch.

For an hour straight I listened to Zee scream threw the baby monitor. Finally I had enough, just as I was going up the stairs Abebrum walked through the door. He of course heared Zee screaming dada.

"Please do something, he has refused to do anything for me today. He has been screaming for an hour almost two. He will not nap."

He nodded and went upstairs. Within moments the screaming stopped and Abebrum came downstairs with a red faced Zee. Zee was chewing on his fingers and something popped into my head and I walked over and opened his mouth and saw the little tooth poking threw barely.

My poor little guy was teething, no wonder he wouldn't sleep.

I walked to the bathroom and opened the medical cabinet. I took out the baby stuff for teething and put some on my finger before walking back and slipping my finger into his mouth an putting the stuff around his new tooth.

----------------------------------

After I eased my little man's pain he wanted me so Abebrum handed him to me. I knew zee was going to sleep in my arms and no where else right now so I asked Abebrum to get me his blanket. He got me the blanket and his blue pacifier.

Zee took both and curled against me. I rocked him back and forth as I walked around the main floor. He slept deeply until Abebrum sneezed and zee woke up with a started look. He looked at me with almost a puzzled look before he started to look around.

I figured he wanted food now so I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle out of the fridge and some baby food and a spoon so he had options.

I set him in the highchair and he started to scream his little head off. Highchair was a no go for today. Bottle it is.

He took the bottle with no problems and growled at me everytime I moved to bottle of adjusted him in anyway.

My poor little monster.