31 - One-Sided Love?

31

Much to my dismay, my mom's shift was over, and honestly it seemed pretty damn early. I continued to nag her to remain a bit longer and help out some patients, but she claimed she was really tired. I just wanted to stay in his arms. I just want to sleep with him for one night - I want to experience that. He's so comfortable. And it's not like I have eternity to do that with him. Our time is limited, so I think we should make the most of it. Why won't they allow me to stay a night, or take him out?

When we were driving home, the sun was just setting, which looked absolutely beautiful. But the beauty of the view of the sky was quickly erased from my mind when my mom began speaking about Chris. It's so weird how she's talking about him as though she's some kind of quirky teenage girl who's crush finally noticed her. It's so annoying.

I glance across at her as she spoke and I couldn't resist the scowl drawn onto my face. "He's not even that good looking," I rolled my eyes - mostly at myself because I know Chris is actually handsome. He's just agitating to be around. If he wasn't my mother's boyfriend, I'd definitely like him. But because he's my potential dad (which I don't support at all), I just have a burning hate for him.

"I wish you would act at least mature," she says to me.

"I'm the immature one?" I scoff then looked outside the window. Does she not hear herself right now? She's gushing over this idiot guy, and I'm the immature one? Seriously? How could she even consider being with him if he fricking hates me? It's like she's picking that loser over her own son. And I'm immature - wow. If Chris is the type of guys mature people go for then I'd honestly rather be immature all my life.

I fold my arms across my chest, giving her a side glance and sucking my teeth. Eventually I just blurt, "What could be so captivating about him that you chose him over me?"

"I didn't chose him over you, Ethan," she groaned in annoyance, "Am I not allowed to date anyone? Am I not allowed to be happy too?"

"Yes, but why him?"

"What is the issue, huh? Did he insult you? Are you secretly crushing on him? What is the real matter with Chris?" she asks raising her voice a bit. I flinch at the outburst as it rarely ever happens. My mom is a cool person, she prefers to ignore and argument than screaming her lungs out to win the argument. But I can tell she's over angry right now. I can't imagine why. She doesn't have to be angry over that idiot.

"Whatever, mom. Date who you like, I don't even care anymore."

"Well at least give me a good reason as to why you don't like him?" she says as she drove into our driveway. I have never been so happy to see my front door in my entire life - so I can escape this annoying conversation. 

"I don't know, okay!" I groan and exit the car. I no longer care about who she dates. I'll just never, ever support the relationship. That's all. I don't care, because she obviously doesn't. I walked inside the house, dropping my bad in the living room then walking towards the kitchen. "Ethan-"

"I was invited to go watch a soccer game," I change the topic quickly. Her eyes widened in shock, but I don't care. She obviously didn't expect me to cut her off and change the subject and I'll admit, her facial expression is funny. But I still don't like her right now.

"Uh... a soccer game? Sure. Where?" she asks.

"Not here.. in this town... or state..." I bite my bottom lip, watching as she instantly began to shake her head. I groaned, "Mom, please."

"No, no way. If it's no where close to home then no. I'm not allowing that," she continued to shake her head.

"Why are you like that?"

"Like what? A good parent? Did you seriously expect me to say yes to that? To you leaving the state to go watch a silly soccer game with lemme guess, Cody, right?"

"Mom, come on, we haven't seen-"

"No, no, no and bigger no for Cody. He's a really bad influence and I don't want you alone with him in some other state. Are you crazy, Ethan?" she asked me. I rolled my eyes and tapped my fingers on the kitchen island as I stared downward. I sort of expected her to reply negatively, especially since I just insulted her angelic boyfriend. It was stupid to ask her now... gosh, I curse myself.

"I'll never get to see him again," I add. 

"Don't you kids have Facetime or whatever? Use that," she shrugs.

"Mom, you know I hate you, right? I really hate you," I say and shake my head. She flashed me a smile, "You can hate me all you want - your still not going anywhere. But I still love you, though."

"Well the love is one-sided; because I hate you. I'm going upstairs," I quickly turn around so I could walk away. I'm over it all. I definitely hate that woman. I rush up to my bedroom and plop down on my bed. How could she not allow me to go. She knows how much Cody means to me and I'm fricking dying here from lack of contact. Why is she being like this?

I plop down on my bed and took out my phone. The obvious person I text is Cody. I love the fact that I could text him at any time and he'd always reply. He's that type of awesome. I smiled when he replied almost instantly. About two texts later, I got tired of typing and so I called him. 

"My mom says no - she hates you like a lot, so yeah," I shrugged then bit my bottom lip. 

"That's really fucked up. I was really looking forward to seeing you," he says to me in probably the most suggestive way in the world. I smile to myself before I said, "You know I have a boyfriend, right?"

"It's cool, he can watch."

"Why not join?" I bite my bottom lip.

"Because I'm a bit selfish when it comes to you," he says to me. 

"Well you shouldn't have left - I would have been all yours," I remind him. Cody chuckled lightly. "God, I wish you were here right now," I tell him. 

"And I wish you were here... I miss you like crazy... in more than one way..." he says softly. A small smirk appears on my face as he said that. It's obvious what he's talking about and that alone turns me on. I pull in my lip ring as I asked, "Are you hard?" Cody didn't reply, but some seconds after I received a photo text from him.

"Fuck," I speak.

~*~*~