Chapter 18- Remembering

*Sanayas P.O.V*

I remembered everything that we did. That we shared.

Whether it was us going out to eat at her favorite restaurant. Or making dinner in the kitchen and watching the joy on her face as she enjoyed putting all the love into each individual dish. It was the best feeling in the world.

The was the most beautiful creature I think I had ever laid my eyes on and even then I don't think that was the right words to explain it.

But I knew in my heart she was mine. And I was going to save her. Whether It killed me or I lived to tell the tail.

"James!"

I went to find Alura's father coming to find him in the backyard throwing small daggers at dummies made out of hay and sticks. He turned to me hearing me approach with concern in his expression.

"What is it?" His expression didn't look like he was interested with what I had to say but I went ahead anyway. He hadn't even exactly forgiven me for the things I had done to his daughter. I didn't particularly blame him. But I was trying to make up for it and do whatever I could to prove it.

"I want you and Vincent to teach me the magic of my ancestors. I come from one of the very first bloodlines in our kind and I know I was abandoned and basically disowned from the wrong my mother caused but I'm willing to fix that. I want to save Alura. I want to prove to her that she doesn't always have to be the prince. I want to be her prince this time. I want to save my mate. I am Sanaya Marie Alston the witch and daughter of the Alston bloodline and I will do whatever it takes to prove to you that I belong with your daughter. Do you accept?"

He looked me over for a moment as if giving what I said some thought, Vincent coming out to see me and his father staring at one another silently as the wind blew the sun hiding behind its shadows.

After what seemed like forever he stuck out his hand as if agreeing and acknowledging my statement.

I smile in return and grab his forearm in the old way of our ancestors and nod.

"Sanaya Maria Alston of the the Alston witch bloodline I accept your oath to my daughter. But I will worn you of this. You have a long journey ahead of you. And if you so fail at winning back my daughter, and for some reason can not bring her home, I my self will end you and what is left your bloodline, to wonder in the other world in shame after your mothers footsteps do you understand me? I will not hesitate to kill you. " His words were strong that of a true king and father to the only daughter that he ever loved and knew.

But could I blame him? No I couldn't.

"I accept!"

We shook hands as Vincent came closer.

"Well I guess we have a lot of hard work ahead of us. I suggest we all go to bed and get some sleep because tomorrow I won't be going easy on you. I know he won't either" Vincent nodded to his father as his father agreed in return.

I knew for my sake that this was what was best for both me and her.

We all went inside and went to bed that night with hope in our hearts that Alura would come home within the next few weeks. Maybe it wouldn't take that long. Who knew. But I was willing to try anything.

As I laid in my bed I looked at her picture at my bedside sleeping in her original bedroom when I first found this place. This was my home. And by damn it I wouldn't let it go. She was my vampire and I was her witch. We were destined to be together. And I would fight for with every ounce of my being.

I fell asleep with ease knowing tomorrow was going to be a very long day.

*The next morning*

"WAKE UP!!!!"