Chapter 19- The Vampire Within

*Sanaya's P.O.V*

The next morning I woke up and James and I went extremely early in the morning. It had to be 4am. Right before sunrise. I yawned stretching knowing I never had to be up this early.

"As a vampire, or being part vampire really you will have the powers and instincts of a witch but in all reality you will have the strength, the abilities, and will power of a vampire. After being as old as us you will learn that sleep really does little for you. Your body is better at being awake and alert as long as you've fed and keep your body energized. That means feeding and hunting normal. Now to start I will be training you to hunt Animals. It is easier to stop feeding on animals then it would be humans. There is something about human blood that makes us want to lose control and never stop, causing us to kill them. Which most vampires that have no control tend to do. We're very good at hiding our existence from humans but eventually we get one of those crazies that like to try and expose us and show the bad side of our kind."

As we spoke we walked out to a clearing, that I recognized to be a wide open space that we trained in yesterday. It was peaceful and quiet and I could hear the waterfall rushing and flowing not to far from us. It was peaceful and the scent of fresh flowing water was relaxing and energizing at the same time.

"The first thing. I want you to do is listen. Close your eyes and listen to everything around you. Let the instincts take over. Listen to the heart beat of every animal in this forest. It's a wonderful sound listening to the life flowing through the veins of animals."

As I listened my throat began to burn and I could feel the demon within me stirring to awaken. Knowing the bloodlust was there, the hunger awoken, wanting to kill and draining everything in its path dry just like that night that I tried to kill Alura. Her blood called to me like a sirens song. It was sweet like honey, and the warmth was unbelievable. Drinking her blood was like drinking liquid gold and my body craved it more and more knowing she wasn't at my side where she belonged.

"Don't let that distract you. Let it be the reason that your hunt is successful. That you want to prove that you can do it all on your own. That you can beat your hunger and not let the demon take over. That you can be strong for her. Let that be your strive. Your meaning. Your purpose." As I listened to James I could feel large animals running through the forest. I could hear their footsteps.

I could hear their heartbeats and everything that made them who they were. And that was it. It was pure instinct. I took off running after deer. They were quick. But slowly I was getting faster. Their feet tried to carry them but no matter how hard they tried I was faster then they were. A male buck was in front of me trying to get away dodging trees and branches and logs left and right. But still couldn't get away. I lunged fangs bared, tackling the buck down to the ground piercing the artery that ran inside the meaty part of its neck feeling its blood hit my tongue like an explosion of heat.

At first the demon roared in my head happy to get the satisfaction that it wanted, no, needed, as the hot liquid ran down my throats feeling the buck try to run away or scurry but I held it still until it stopped moving giving into the chase it knows it lost.

I continued to drink feeling the warmth spread through out my body, strengthening my body, giving it the nourishment it Needed until I was full and satiated. As the demon resided going back into hiding, I realized the heart had stopped for this animal as it died in peace. I looked at it for a moment feeling a slight bit of guilt knowing I had killed one of the most innocent of animals I held dear but that all went away when the demon inside smiled.

"It will get easier, it takes some time getting used to knowing you took an innocent life whether it be human or animal. But eventually it will go away."