Chapter two

When I woke up the room was bathed in sunlight. I checked my clock. 9:15. Good thing it was a Saturday. I looked around and see that door again. But there seemed to be light coming from beneath it. I pressed my ear up to the door. Birds chirping?! I needed to open this, but it was locked. Then I remembered. That key that Holly had on her necklace. Maybe it'll fit in the keyhole.

___________________________

I headed down to the dining hall. I needed to talk to Holly. In the dining hall It smelled nice, like cinnamon rolls and bacon. I dished up and found Holly, who was sitting by herself by the window.

"Hi." I say.

"Hey." She replied, taking a sip of tea that was served with breakfast.

"So um I was going to tell you something weird that happened this morning in my dorm but I think you'd better just see it for yourself."

"Sounds cool! One second." We finished eating then headed to my dorm.

"Okay so here it is." I said, motioning toward the door.

"What about it? It's a door." She gave me a confused look.

"Look." I showed her the light that was coming from behind the door and told her to listen. This time there was wind blowing through trees, and a voice. We couldn't hear, it seemed like they were talking from a wide distance.

Holly tried the door. Locked.

"Your key!" I said.

"Oh yeah!" She put the key in the keyhole. She struggled to turn it for a second. There was a click. The gates to a whole new world were opened.