Chapter fifteen

Marie POV (flashback)

Come on!" She shouts, pulling me into the water. I feel uneasy, but go in anyways. The moon rises over the river, and my feet touch the cool water.

"Are you sure we're aloud to be out this late?" I ask, now fully in the water.

"Yeah. My parents wouldn't care." She laughs, and splashes me.

"Hey!" I shout and splash her back.

Later that night we headed back. I heard something, so I looked over where it was coming from. It was nothing.

"Sarah?" I ask, turning around to where she was. She wasn't there. My panic welled up and I frantically searched for her. By now I'm crying, and running on the trail where I had lost her. Then I trip. I fall off the ledge into the icy river. The current pulls me away from land, all the while I am trying to swim and accidentally breathing water into my lungs.

Then my muscles fail me, and I'm pulled under. my eyes close.

I gasp as I'm lifted out of the river. I cough up water and look around. I'm being lifted by strands of yellow light. I cry out and my heart feels as if it will burst out of my chest. then the lights lift me down to shore. They dissapear. I lay there in shock. Hours may have passed before they found me and returned me to my parents.

I had to go to the hospital for two days. I still had excess water in my lungs.

My parents only seemed angry at me.

"You scared us." My mother said.

"What would we have done if you had gone missing?!" She says while shuffling through her work papers.

"Well why don't you maybe care about the safety of your own child than your work?!" I snap. Mother sets her papers down.

"You're lucky we took you in in the first place."

I wasn't their child. I was adopted. They had found me on the doorstep when I was two. Just standing there. I don't remember anything before that.

Plot twisty chapter eh? This kind of tells about her past so I'll be writing a normal chapter next. (-; )